• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom Classic CC: Sync settings, presets, profiles (not images) to LR Classic on second computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocanannain

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic CC 7.4
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
New laptop > will be working on entirely different photos than those on my main desktop computer > so I do not need to sync my photos.

But I do need to sync my settings, presets, profiles to my laptop from my main desktop computer. I also have a Smart Collection hierarchy set up on the desktop I'd like to sync if at all possible.

Is there a way to do these things other than setting it all up again manually?

FYI ... I've searched the web for answers and am mostly finding articles on syncing Lightroom Classic with Lightroom CC.

There were ways to do this using Dropbox and symbolic links, but with the new profiles and presets this has become much more complicated. You could copy the various folders to Dropbox, and then use a synchronisation utility on both computers to keep these Dropbox folders in sync with the original folders.

Smart collections are part of the catalog, so you could use an empty copy of yoy main catalog on the ither computer.

Thanks! So far, so good: Presets imported and functioning properly, as well as Smart Collections.

However, I can't figure out where the Profiles are located. I thought they were in the same folder as the Presets, but guess not.

Could you help me with that as well?

Both the profiles and the converted XMP presets are in the same folder. You were probably looking at the old presets in .lrtemplate format, but these are no longer used since Classic 7.3. The location for the new presets is C:>Users-[your user name]>AppData>Roaming>Adobe>Camera Raw>Settings

Both the profiles and the converted XMP presets are in the same folder. You were probably looking at the old presets in .lrtemplate format, but these are no longer used since Classic 7.3. The location for the new presets is C:>Users-[your user name]>AppData>Roaming>Adobe>Camera Raw>Settings
I just upgraded to LR 7.4, so I looked for XMP files in the main Camera Raw folder.

The only XMP file I could find was preferences.xmp, in C:\Users\phil\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Defaults. There are still many .lrtemplate files in the C:\Users\phil\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom subfolders. Is this a problem?

Thanks ... all profiles are installed now. The magic pathway being:

C:>Users-[your user name]>AppData>Roaming>Adobe>Camera Raw>Settings

I appreciate your help, Johan, very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back