• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom Classic CC reporting cloud full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendy Whyte

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic CC ver 7.5
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
  2. iOS
  3. Android
Hi
I have a problem with LR Classic CC 7.5. It reports that my cloud storage (20GB) is full, and hence won't let me sync photos, even though my cloud storage is in fact empty. I've contacted Adobe support (what a misnomer) three times, twice I've spoken to an agent who knew less than I did and once I had an agent who appeared to cure the problem but the next day my PC (Windows 10), iPad and Android phone all showed that my cloud storage was full. I've tried to contact Adobe Support again but 5 days later I'm still waiting for a callback.

I've recently returned from a trip to Brazil and have 4000+ photos on my iPad that I need to get onto my PC, can anyone out there help me sort out my cloud problem?

System Info:
Lightroom Classic version: 7.5 [ 1186149 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition
Version: 10.0.17134
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 3.4 GHz
Built-in memory: 16351.1 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 16351.1 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 1575.9 MB (9.6%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1711.0 MB
GDI objects count: 732
USER objects count: 2403
Process handles count: 1882
Memory cache size: 68.3MB
Internal Camera Raw revision: 1001
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX
Camera Raw virtual memory: 723MB / 8175MB (8%)
Camera Raw real memory: 724MB / 16351MB (4%)
System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 1920x1080
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 (23.21.13.8813)

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC
Library Path: D:\Documents\Pictures\Lightroom\Lightroom Catalog 6.lrcat
Settings Folder: C:\Users\Whalewatcher\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Canon Tether Plugin
3) Facebook
4) Flickr
5) HDR Efex Pro 2
6) Nikon Tether Plugin
7) ON1 Photo RAW 2017
8) ON1 Resize 2017
9) Show Focus Points
10) Teekesselchen

In LrClassic, go to All Synced Photographs, select any new images from Brazil and remove them from All Synced Photographs. This leaves the originals in your catalogue, but it frees up some of the 20gb on Adobe's server. Other originals will then sync up from the iPad, and down to Classic, possibly hitting the 20gb again, so you may need to do this more than once.

Also, in a web browser log into your CC web space. This shares your 20gb with originals uploaded from LRCC iOS. See if there is anything in the Deleted folder - permanently deleting this stuff would free up more space. You may also need to remove other files from other folders in the CC space - just move them elsewhere using Windows Explorer, and always remember to then go into the browser and clear anything from the Deleted folder .

Last edited:
In LrClassic, go to All Synced Photographs, select any new images from Brazil and remove them from All Synced Photographs. This leaves the originals in your catalogue, but it frees up some of the 20gb on Adobe's server. Other originals will then sync up from the iPad, and down to Classic, possibly hitting the 20gb again, so you may need to do this more than once.

Also, in a web browser log into your CC web space. This shares your 20gb with originals uploaded from LRCC iOS. See if there is anything in the Deleted folder - permanently deleting this stuff would free up more space. You may also need to remove other files from other folders in the CC space - just move them elsewhere using Windows Explorer, and always remember to then go into the browser and clear anything from the Deleted folder .

Hi Joh
Thanks for your help. Sorry but I don't understand what you're telling me to do in the first paragraph. All of the Brazil photos are on my iPad, none of the photos on the iPad have downloaded to my PC. In LR Classic CC "All synced photos" is zero.
When I log into my CC web space there are no files there and no deleted photos. When I click on "Go to Lightroom", LR reports "All photos 3", "Sync Issues 834". I can't work out how to delete the photos that have sync issues, is there a way?

Actually managed to talk to an Adobe support who knew what he was doing. The problem was caused by "Sync Issues 834", he deleted the photos that were causing the problem and everything seemed fine but the moment I tried to sync again the same problem occurred with different sync issues. I can't sync any photos. I have 4000+ raw photos on my iPad, which will be way more than 20Gb. I only travel approx. once a year and that's the only time I need to sync such a large number of photos so I've cancelled my 20Gb plan, not prepared to pay £20 per month for effectively one month's use.
Looking at alternatives to LR, sad but there we are.
Thanks for your help John.
Wendy

the moment I tried to sync again the same problem occurred with different sync issues. I can't sync any photos. I have 4000+ raw photos on my iPad, which will be way more than 20Gb.

Tell us what these other sync issues are? John's advice sounds perfect.

Tell us what these other sync issues are? John's advice sounds perfect.
LR reports sync issues with another tranche of photos, if I delete them and try again problem recurrs with more photos. Never get any of them synced.

LR reports sync issues with another tranche of photos, if I delete them and try again problem recurrs with more photos. Never get any of them synced.
I've dropped you a private message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back