• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom Classic CC External Editors

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstanfield

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Operating System:Windows 10 64 bit

Lightroom Version: Lightroom Classic CC 7.0
(Please go to Help menu > System Info to double check the exact version number)

Question or Description of Problem: I installed Lightroom Classic CC 7.0, but I also kept my old Lightroom CC Ver 2015.12 installed. All of the external editor choices in Lightroom Classic CC 7.0 (such as NIK, Topaz Labs, On1, and others) are grayed out and I cannot select them, even including the new Photoshop CC ver 19.0 which I also installed. All the external editor plugins still work in the old Lightroom CC ver 2015.12. How can I get them to work in the new Lightroom Classic CC 7.0?

Make sure you haven't selected a 'missing' or offline image. You can't edit an image that isn't available.

Thanks for your suggestion. I have tried several images (none of them "missing") and the problem is the same for all of them.

Have you restarted your computer since doing the install?

Thanks for your suggestion. I have tried several images (none of them "missing") and the problem is the same for all of them.

Is it possible that you don't realize that they are missing because you have smart previews for them? Lightroom can make edits on a smart preview, but it can't send the smart preview to an external editor.

Have you restarted your computer since doing the install?
I did restart my computer after installing Lightroom Classic, but I had not shut it completely down and then restarted. After doing the complete shutdown and restart, everything is working fine. Thanks for your suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back