• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom Classic Catalog

Status
Not open for further replies.

takinbetz

Lightroom Version Number
Classic
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I switched from computer based Lightroom to subscription but didn't import any old catalogs. Now I'm trying to upload a photo processed in the "old" Lightroom but it is greyed out.

The end result is good!! And welcome to the Forums!

Yesterday I did the update, but before done backups. no problem with two smaller Catalog. BUT the main Catalog with about 80,000 images (Catalog-size 960 MB) had an error message "There was a problem updating the format of the Catalog file in Lightroom. This Catalog can not be used with this Lightroom version." After about 75% the upgrade will be cancelled. It was not possible to upgrade the Catalog, even with the backup. Auch die von Adobe bereitgestellte Hilfe-Anweisung war nicht zielführend.
Is there a problem with the catalog size?

No issue my end with catalog size, mine being 1.09 gb

Screenshot 2019-11-05 10.15.17.png

Yesterday I did the update, but before done backups. no problem with two smaller Catalog. BUT the main Catalog with about 80,000 images (Catalog-size 960 MB) had an error message "There was a problem updating the format of the Catalog file in Lightroom. This Catalog can not be used with this Lightroom version." After about 75% the upgrade will be cancelled. It was not possible to upgrade the Catalog, even with the backup. Auch die von Adobe bereitgestellte Hilfe-Anweisung war nicht zielführend.
Is there a problem with the catalog size?

I had the same message. I did a reboot of my computer after the LR Classic update, and upon opening LR got a message about approving a catalog update. Apparently LR Classic 9.0 updates your catalog. The error message you got is because the software does not open until you also update your catalog. It was painless and did not require any additional input from me after rebooting, launching LR Classic, and accepting the catalog update.

If you have not already, be sure you have backed up the old catalog. Usually it's hard to go back to an earlier version unless you have a backup catalog available.

Now it`s done. I reinstalled 8.4.1 and created a new Catalog. Then imported the old Catalog and make a backup. After that I make the change to LR9 again and converted the Catalog in the new Version LR9. Now everything works without any problems again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back