• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom classic app on boot volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

axm723

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 8.4 [ 201908011719-03751b60 ]
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
My question is does the app have to be on the boot volume. Can it be on another volume that would be available when I bring up LR.
Thank You

I'm pretty sure that you can put it on any volume you want.

You'll find the location setting in the CC app's preferences dialog.

MacOS (and windows to the same extent) have sandboxed apps to the Application folder which is a special system folder The apps themselves expect system files to be availailable in System folders that are relative to the application executable. You can locate it elsewhere but you need to manage all of the exceptions manually rather than let the OS handle everything. My advice is to let the system manage the applications and install in the default system folder. This applies only to the application executable and its attendant files. You can still store the catalog associated files and the image files in a non system folder (Pictures is a system folder) and not see too much of a performance impact.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back