• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom Classic 11.5 and Intel HD4600 Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

phcorrigan

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Has anyone else experienced this?
I just installed 11.5, and on startup I get a message that there are issues with Intel HD4600 graphics. Unfortunately, the driver version recommended is not available for the HD4600. My primary video, however, is an Nvidia GTX 1050 TI. Given that, I have two questions: 1) other than the error message, is this going to be an issue, and 2) if it isn't going to be an issue can I stop the error message from popping up?

1661124037199.png

Solution
A number of people are complaining about similar issues in the Adobe forums.

Your installed driver 20.19.15.5171 appears to be almost two years old. You can download the most recent Intel driver for the HD Graphics 4600 from here:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18369/intel-graphics-driver-for-windows-15-40.html?...

The Release Notes say that it supports the 4600:

johnrellis_0-1661029745864.png
expand image

If you're trying to update your driver using a utility supplied by the laptop manufacturer, or if the Intel "automatic update" utility is telling you to go to the laptop manufacturer to get updates, others have reported here that downloading directly from Intel in this case worked for them. (But be prepared to reinstall the older driver.)

Solution
If that doesn't do it, you may be better off going into Device Manager and disabling the Intel HD Graphics 4600. You don't need it at all if you have an Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti. Adobe doesn't like two graphics cards, apparently.

If that doesn't do it, you may be better off going into Device Manager and disabling the Intel HD Graphics 4600. You don't need it at all if you have an Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti. Adobe doesn't like two graphics cards, apparently.
I'll try that next. The last driver refuses to uninstall. I have done five manual uninstalls and it keeps coming back.

I downloaded the recommended driver. Unfortunately, it will not install without removing the previous driver, which, after at least five tries, will not uninstall. So, I disabled the Intel graphics interface, but still get the message.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

I disconnected the network cable, then uninstalled the Intel display adapter. When I rebooted, it was replaced with the Microsoft generic adapter. When I attempted to install the new driver I got the message "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software."
I plugged the network cable back in and Windows immediately installed the previous driver.

I disconnected the network cable, then uninstalled the Intel display adapter. When I rebooted, it was replaced with the Microsoft generic adapter. When I attempted to install the new driver I got the message "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software."
I plugged the network cable back in and Windows immediately installed the previous driver.
The network cable should not have anything to do with it. Do you perhaps mean the monitor cable? The monitor cable should be plugged into the back of the Nvidia card. Hopefully the monitor will work like that, then you can disable the Intel HD Graphics 4600 in Device Manager. Perhaps it needs to be uninstalled rather than disabled. Try both.

I see that I am not alone with this notice from LRC after the latest update.
My latop, an HP Spectre 360 purchased in Dec, 2017 says that my drivers are updated, when I checked.
My processor is 'Intel Core i7-855OU CPU @ 1.80 GHz and my Graphics are Nvidia GeForce MX150 and Intel UHD Graphics 620, version 23.2016.4973. I don't want to do anything to screw up my computer, which I don't plan to replace until the end of the year. I don't know if my laptop is capable of handling the updated driver that LRC recommends (100.8476 or later ). Can I just ignore this message from LRC/Adobe or will it really negatively affect my post processing in LRC and Photoshop?

This at least the 2nd thread on this forum on this subject. Obviously something changed in 11.5. Adobe should at least put an option on the warning: "don't show again". Should be simple. I tried to install new driver. As others have said - major pain. Disabling doesn't work.

The network cable should not have anything to do with it.
With the network cable connected, Windows searches for the driver and reinstalls it. I have uninstalled the Intel driver multiple times, and the only way it stays uninstalled is without a network connection. In any case, the new Intel driver will not install, and even with the Intel graphics adapter disabled Lightroom gives me the error message. The monitor cables, BTW, are connected to the NVIDIA card. This behavior only began with the 11.5 update.

With the network cable connected, Windows searches for the driver and reinstalls it. I have uninstalled the Intel driver multiple times, and the only way it stays uninstalled is without a network connection. In any case, the new Intel driver will not install, and even with the Intel graphics adapter disabled Lightroom gives me the error message. The monitor cables, BTW, are connected to the NVIDIA card. This behavior only began with the 11.5 update.
I see, my misunderstanding. My network is wifi.

I had the same issue ( See previous post) Updated the Intel driver using "DriverTalent program) ~ No issues with the update / Install and the " Pop Up " Went away ~ not seen since. Do agree though Adobe should provide a "Dont Show Again" Box for thos of us who do have multiple Video cards.

I had the same issue ( See previous post) Updated the Intel driver using "DriverTalent program) ~ No issues with the update / Install and the " Pop Up " Went away ~ not seen since. Do agree though Adobe should provide a "Dont Show Again" Box for thos of us who do have multiple Video cards.
What is the Driver Talent program? Also, which Intel graphics? My installation problem is with HD 4600.
Thanks.

In answer of all the probems with the update from LC and the popup.I tried to do every thing on their advice. Wich i find a bad advice giving people problems with drivers with are not compatible with their build in video processorcard! For me nothing was helpfull. If you will stay working with the new update from LC! There's one solution, on the map they set on your computer, remove or rename the System Comptability Map. Elsewhere you can remove the new version and reinstall the old version and wait till the have sold the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back