• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom cc2015.1.1 goes crazy and starts flagging images for deletion

jcnlv

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
I am putting this in the workflow discussion as it occurs while culling the photoshoot and setting files for deletion....
In the library module... deleting weaker images... I filter for unflagged images, go in survey mode, selecting 4-6 similar shots at a time to fit frame, with second monitor at 1:1 to check for sharpness, and then using the X key to automatically flag to delete and remove the shot from survey mode.
I have caps lock down so it goes automatically to the next image when I flag to delete and removes it from

I go along just fine, then suddenly Lightroom just starts rapidly flagging every shot from that point on for deletion, one after another, after another, and I can't stop it without doing a ctrl-delete>end task>... I tried to use escape key or closing the app out, but once it starts no other keys have any affect.

I thought it was probably a key sticking and tried another keyboard with same result. It happens totally randomly.

Of course it doesn't actually delete anything and I can go back in and select all of incorrectly flagged shots and unflag them, but it is annoying.

I was wondering if I am the only one with this issue or if there are others and if there is a fix or if it is a known bug to be dealt with sometime by Adobe

Lightroom cc2015.1.1
Windows 10
GA-990fxa-ud3 motherboard
AMD FX 8370
32 GB ram
GeForce GTX 960

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
If you use either of these shortcuts:Ctrl + Up Arrow / Ctrl + Down Arrow or Command + Up Arrow / Command + Down Arrow, they will Increase/Decrease Flag status. Any chance?

Jimmsp

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic

I was wondering if I am the only one with this issue or if there are others and if there is a fix or if it is a known bug to be dealt with sometime by Adobe

Wow - weird.
FWIW I have not seen this, nor have read of others who have seen it.
Did it just start happening?

If it were me, I would first try to reset my preferences.
To replace Lightroom’s prefs, first quit Lightroom. Now just hold Shift-ALt-Delete and restart Lightroom.
That seems to clean up a lot of one time weird stuff.

Last edited:

jcnlv

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Thank you RikkFlohr but I am not sure what you are saying here, are are you suggesting that instead of using the X key to delete I start using the (on PC) ctrl + down arrow? I prefer the single keystroke X key which I have used for probably 10 years... I did just start doing it all in the unflagged survey view, which has really speeded up my culling process, another thing that may have some affect is that before culling I do usually first go through and do any mass color/contrast corrections through the development module.

jcnlv

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Yeah very weird... it is only since cc2015 update, but I did just start doing it all in the unflagged survey view, which has really speeded up my culling process, another thing that may have some affect is that before culling I do usually first go through and do any mass color/contrast corrections through the development module.
I will give the preferences a shot.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
What I am saying is: Are you using a keyboard shortcut similar to the ones I listed. If you are using these shortcuts or ones similar and you are missing that would be a clue as to what is happening. I take it from your response that the answer is NO. You are not using these shortcuts.