Not open for further replies.

WildVanilla

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Hi

Since I recently updated Lightroom via the CC desktop app, it won't open.

I've tried the solution suggested here:
Adobe Creative Cloud applications close immediately after launch
but to no avail. Have signed out / rebooted / signed in multiple times. PS launches fine but LR just won't start at all!

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Rob

Do you get any error message?

Without knowing which version of LR and the OS that you are running, it is not easy to diagnose the problem. You need to be on the latest update which is v2015.4 as earlier releases had some flaw (some serious). If you are running the latest version of LR and still experience this issue that the next step would be to rename your preferences file to force LR to create a new one.

It would be helpful for you to complete your Lightroom Forums user profile to include LR version, OS version and basic hardware configuration as these are usually necessary of t an accurate diagnosis.

Er, I had filled my user profile details in, and they showed up fine when I made my post! But for info, I am on a Windows 10 laptop, and am on the latest LR 6.4.

OK I will try the preferences renaming thing.

Update - preferences renaming didn't work. Then tried uninstall / reinstall of LR - still won't open :(

Did you install the latest update when you reinstalled? You have to install the base 6.0 version, then the latest patch update.

Did you install the latest update when you reinstalled? You have to install the base 6.0 version, then the latest patch update.
I did it via the Creative Cloud app, thought would automatically give me the lastest version?

Ah, OK....I just saw your reference to 6.4 so assumed you were running the perpetual license version.

Having said that, the CC App should have installed the latest version, though I probably wouldn't bet my house on it. Have a look at Control Panel>Programs & Features and check the version number for Adobe Lightroom to make sure it says 6.4.

Yes it says 6.4.

Are you waiting for 3-5 minutes? Or is Lr closing immediately?
In 6.4 there appears to be an issue on startup where Lr is freezing and not responsive for a few minutes.

Tim

Tim, it wasn't that is was taking a long-time - it wasn't even opening! Whether I tried to open LR via the CC app, the Windows start menu, or lightroom.exe from Explorer, it wouldn't start at all. I confirmed via Task Manager that there wasn't a lightroom process running.

But in other news, there was a CC desktop app update waiting for me when I logged on this morning. Having updated to CC version 3.5.1.209, LR launched straight away on clicking Open. Reinstated my old preferences file, opened my catalogue and now all is well :)

Thanks for everyone's help on this.

Rob

I'm having a similar problem, trying to start LR achieves nothing other than process explorer reports that LR ist started, but it doesn't open. I'm running the latest version of windows 10 and (trying to run) the new LR CC classic. I've logged in and out several times, I've renamed certain files and reinstalled LR multiple times. Nothing works.
Any one else having the same problem?

I'm having a similar problem, trying to start LR achieves nothing other than process explorer reports that LR ist started, but it doesn't open. I'm running the latest version of windows 10 and (trying to run) the new LR CC classic. I've logged in and out several times, I've renamed certain files and reinstalled LR multiple times. Nothing works.
Have you tried resetting the Preferences file? That often fixes weird problems.
Resetting the lightroom preferences file - updated

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm seeing a few reports of GPU related issues, so check the graphics card manufacturer's website for an update too.

Since I have the exact same problem on both stationary (nvidia gfx card) and laptop pc (lenovo build in gfx) I really dont think that that is the issue.
Both machines running the latest fall creators update windows 10 pro. No help from Adoboe other than 3 different people remoting in to my pc and deleting and reinstalling the software (as I myself has done numerous times). Hate it when I pay like $120 for the software package. And Photoshop functions normally as does Camera raw.

It still could be the GPU. The drivers included in the Windows release may not be the latest. As suggested before at least try going to the graphic card website and installing the latest driver from them.

-louie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back