• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom CC suddenly a trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katherine Mann

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I have the Photographer's Bundle. Some of you longtime users might remember that in the beginning Adobe offered Photoshop for 9.99 USD a month. A few months later they offered the Photographer's Bundle at the same price.
I originally signed up for Photoshop and when the PB came out Adobe converted my subscription. Each year since then my yearly subscription has been renewed at the same price.
So, this being the anniversary month of my subscribing I was surprised to note today that my copy of Lr CC was suddenly a trial version, while Ps remained the same.
I contacted Adobe Support by chat and found out this: Adobe had not ever upgraded my original subscription to the PB, although I have had access since 2014 (which is when I think the entire PB began). Yearly renewals have never been a problem.
The support person told me that I was only subscribed to PS and that the new price would be 19.95 a month. After a bit of a discussion he converted my subscription to the Photographer's Bundle at the original price and refunded the overpayment to my card.
I'm posting this as I suspect I am not the only one who was suddenly unsubscribed from the PB. Thought you might like to know.

Thanks for sharing Katherine

Interesting, at least to me ... Adobe charged me a whopping 30.64 Cdn for what was supposed to be a single program subscription, nevermind deleting my Photographer's Bundle. A few days after my complaint they refunded 29.67 of that and charged me 15.39 for the bundle. I wonder how many people there are who are paying twice as much for less than half as much.

I hear the odd report or two, but they're few and far between, and usually fixed fairly quickly by customer services when they're spotted. I don't think most photographers signed up until the photographer's bundle came out, so most people were probably not on the Photoshop-only bundle in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back