Lightroom CC Not Starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sizzlingbadger

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I installed LR CC but it won't start up. I see the splash screen for a fraction of a second then it dies. It manages to create the prefs file but thats about it.

Just found the "Fix" in another post - Thanks to Jim Wilde for recommending you log out of CC and then log back in.

Click on the Creative Cloud Icon > Then the Settings Gear > Select Preferences and you will find "Log Out"

Last edited by a moderator:
Signing off it and back in isn't working for me. I've run through that loop six times now and LR still won't open.

I already tried restarts, removing prefs and app support settings.

Nik, have you tried signing out of the CC desktop app, then signing back in again? That's working for a lot of folks (though not everyone yet).

ok, fixed it !

deleted all plists and files in 'application support' for all Adobe products.
restarted
logged back in to CC

I'll just have to restore all my settings and presets etc later when I get home.

Same for me on my Macbook Pro. Quick flash of start up screen. Tried logging out of CC and back in but no luck. :oops:

Had this problem but found that logging out of Lightroom on all my devices then Logging out of CC appears to have fixed it

Thanks, very helpful.

Still cant get LR CC to start. Upgraded to LR CC through creative cloud. Signing out and back into Creative Cloud does not fix the problem. Running on Win7 with Photography subscription. I can see lightroom.exe start in Windows Task Manager and then immediately terminate.

ok, fixed it !
deleted all plists and files in 'application support' for all Adobe products.

Can you please explain what plist files are (is this a file extension?). I'm running Win7 and can't find any directory named "application support" on my hard drive

Adobe Chat section is overwhelmed at the moment. Would uninstalling LrCC and reinstalling be a remedy? It is labelled as up to date in the CC display. I have tried the logging in/our several times.
The closest I got the shortcut to LRCC to work was removing the contents of the cache folder. BUT it was asking for a registration number so I backed off and returned the cache contents.
Since the condition is widespread I suspect there will be some 'do over' posted.

Uninstalling/reinstalling had no effect for me. Yet to get it to work. Hoping for some word on this today! Frustrating, to say the least.

I hate to be confirmed "right" about this, but this is why I want public betas for products like this!! I've been involved in every LR beta since the first one was released, and I've never had any issues. The people who did were always able
to figure them out, and the product launches were comparatively headache free.

Unfortunately even a public beta wouldn't have caught these problems.

I just tried to update from 5.7 and ran into the same problem, with Lightroom 6 closing instantly after displaying the splash screen. Happily, I was able to follow "Solution 1" on the following Adobe page, where another link gives detailed instructions on signing out of all CC apps, and then signing in again:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/sign-in-out-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

and Lightroom 6 subsequently launched and upgraded my catalog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back