• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom CC Issues after Install – For Windows Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

clee01l

Lightroom Guru
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
If you are a Windows user and are having issues with the new Subscription LRCC app after successfully installing , Please post your issue here and we will attempt to resolve and post a Solution. Before adding your issue to this thread, please review the previous posts (especially any posted Solutions) before adding your item to this thread.

Thanks....and the original Tiffs are from where?

It's probably something I've done, I should be kept away from IT equipment :rolleyes:

Victoria suggests maybe trying to sign out/sign in to the CC desktop app. Instructions are here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/sign-in-out-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

That's with Lightroom closed down. If it's still the same after restarting, close it again, sign out of the CC app again, but don't sign in yet. Instead logon to your Adobe account, you'll probably be still logged in, so do a logout/login again, then back to the CC desktop app, sign in again there, then start Lightroom again. Is it still the same?

Victoria suggests maybe trying to sign out/sign in to the CC desktop app. Instructions are here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/sign-in-out-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

That's with Lightroom closed down. If it's still the same after restarting, close it again, sign out of the CC app again, but don't sign in yet. Instead logon to your Adobe account, you'll probably be still logged in, so do a logout/login again, then back to the CC desktop app, sign in again there, then start Lightroom again. Is it still the same?

I may have found a related bug to the blinking image found above.
LR 6 has been working just fine.
This morning I lost my internet connection (my router/modem issue).
When I opened up LR6, I kept getting a large black bar across the top of a photo which stayed for a few seconds, then it went away. About 5 sec later, it reappeared again.
It kept this up, making it impossible to use. The resource monitor said 'Lightroom not responding" when the black bar was showing.
LR 5.7, also a CC version, acted just fine.

After I restored my internet connection ( a reboot of the router/modem) LR 6 acts fine.
It was almost like it was trying to "phone home".

Last edited:
Hi Jim, sorry it took me so long to respond. I did as you suggested, or as Victoria suggested, but it didn't make any difference.
Also, with Lightroom 5.7, whenever I opened the catalog, it would say it couldn't find the catalog and had a button to retry. Clicking the retry button once or twice, opened the catalog. With Lightroom CC, it does the same thing except that the retry button doesn't appear. It just stops right there.
Cliff

I don't know if I should post in this threat of a new one, but here goes: I've installed LR cc, and almost every time I boot up my computer and then attempt to load LR cc, the program does not load. I have to do a Control-alt-delete and close the program with the ask manager. The only fix seems to me to load the Adobe Creative Cloud app and enter my username and password. After that LR cc will load OK. But does that mean that I must always have an internet connection to use LR cc?

I don't know if I should post in this threat of a new one, but here goes: I've installed LR cc, and almost every time I boot up my computer and then attempt to load LR cc, the program does not load. I have to do a Control-alt-delete and close the program with the ask manager. The only fix seems to me to load the Adobe Creative Cloud app and enter my username and password. After that LR cc will load OK. But does that mean that I must always have an internet connection to use LR cc?
The Adobe Creative Cloud Application Manager is required for all Creative Cloud apps. You should set the Adobe CC App Manager as a program that starts when you log on to Windows. While the CC App Manager is running, you may run all of the CC app that you are licensed. You do not need to be connected to the internet continuously, but the CC App Manager needs to be running and approximately every 30 days (99?) The App Manager will check in with Adobe via the internet to be sure that you have a valid license. So, always run the Adobe App Manager as a background task and run LR when ever you wish. The two programs are necessary for the Creative Cloud licensing to function for LR. An Internet connection is required for periodic revalidation but not necessarily need continuously.

Hi everyone, this is the first time I've posted on Victoria's forums, and I wonder if someone can help me with an interesting problem I've encountered with Lightroom CC. I have a Dell Precision M3800 laptop which has both the Intel 4600 graphics setup built in plus an NVidia Quadro K1100M graphics card with 2GB of RAM. When I run Lightroom CC and go into Edit\Preferences and click on the Performance tab I have the little box ticked for using the graphics processor, but it shows that the Intel 4600 unit is what the programme is using and not the special NVidia card. I have updated to all the latest drivers for both cards, a few days ago, and actually the Intel card is working acceptably, but I wonder why the NVidia card is not selected for use. Surely it's superior. As far as I can see you can't choose which card to use, the programme makes the choice for you.

So if anyone could give some input into how I could possibly use the NVidia card I would be most grateful.

Thank you.

Richard Naismith

Richard, which card is normally used by the system, i.e. for general use, not specifically for Lightroom? Is there a system setting which controls this?

Hi Jim, sorry it took me so long to respond. I did as you suggested, or as Victoria suggested, but it didn't make any difference.
Also, with Lightroom 5.7, whenever I opened the catalog, it would say it couldn't find the catalog and had a button to retry. Clicking the retry button once or twice, opened the catalog. With Lightroom CC, it does the same thing except that the retry button doesn't appear. It just stops right there.
Cliff

Cliff, our suggestion was for a different poster with a different issue! So are you saying you now have a different problem than what you started with (which was the problem with the "blinking images" on files previously worked in PS, yes)?

So please let me know what your current situation is and we'll try to get it sorted.

Hi Jim, yes, still the same.

Jeff, apologies for the delay, but finally got round to running some tests. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing the problem on either my Mac or Windows systems, GPU enabled and disabled.

So I think the only thing I can suggest is to try a Prefs reset, which you can do using the old instructions for now (still trying to find the time to update them for LR6): http://www.lightroomqueen.com/commu...(or-Trashing-)-the-Lightroom-Preferences-file

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I'm going to try to explain this in more detail.
I have scanned a bunch of negatives and slides as TIF images. After importing them into Lightroom, the first thing that I want to do is remove dust spots. I much prefer doing that in Photoshop, so I send the original TIF over to Photoshop where I removed the dust spots, crop the image and make a few minor adjustments. I then want to return this to Lightroom, saved as the original.

Once back in Lightroom, I go to "details" to reduce the noise. I zoom to 100%, move a slider, and the image disappears. Approximately 1 to 1.5 seconds later, after seeing "reloading" the image reappears. Another slight move, and the image disappears, "reloading". Any movement of any slider causes us to happen.

Let me state again, this only happens with sending the originals, not when sending a copy with Lightroom adjustments.

I guess I should've got one problem solved before I mentioned another but the other thing I was talking about is that in Lightroom 5.7, when I opened the catalog, it would say "not found" and have a button that said "retry". I could click that button once or twice and it would open the catalog.
Now, with Lightroom CC there is no "retry" button. The program just simply stops, has to be closed, and reopened.

Sorry for the confusion and all help is greatly appreciated.
Cliff

Cliff, let's try dealing with one problem at a time....and let's start with the second one, which is quite confusing. Where is you catalog located? Internal or external drive? Can you give me a screenshot of the Preferences>General Tab?

Once we get Lightroom starting up properly we'll try to figure out the second problem.....which I still can't reproduce when using Edit Original.

Just to come back on the 'blinking' problem which now seems to only happen if I go from LR to OnOne, the file comes back as a psd and blinks after every further adjustment in LR. I can now edit in PS, which comes back as a tiff, without the blinking problems. Not sure if this throws any light on it.

Jeff, what happens if you change your settings to get a Tiff back from OnOne?

In LR I changed this..........Preferences>Additional External Editor>File Format>TIFF>restart LR. The file still arrives in on1, and comes back, as a PSD.

I have a problem that has just manifested itself after a few days of using LR6.

In the Folders section of the Library module I am experiencing constant crashes each time I try to synchronise a folder (I import from SD card using Breeze Downloader Pro). However it does not seem to be restricted to that operation. When I try to set another folder to import to I get a crash. In case it was the contents causing the problem I created an empty folder but the same happens. It seems whatever I do in this module I am getting a crash. The only message I get is that LR has stopped working.

Do you have any devices such as a smartphone or tablet connected?

Where is the folder that you're trying to synchronise? Internal or external drive?

Finally! We get a problem fixed easily! Been a tough week, so nice to get a quick win.

It's our standard response to problems of that nature in the import panel (and Synchronise Folder uses Import under the covers), so am pleased it worked out this time.

I wonder if someone could help me with Lightroom CC that I encountered last night. I received a message: "Adobe Photoshop has stopped working. Windows will find a solution to the problem." A progress bar is shown as it it is looking for it, and then it says "A problem has caused the the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Everything was doing great, and I had not had any issues with Lightroom CC before last night. I went to Lightroom CC and went to Preferences>General and checked the box "Treat JPEG files next to RAW as separate files" since I sometimes use both. That was not an issue. I had not uninstalled Lightroom 5.7.1 yet. I opened that version so I could make sure that my Presets, Catalogs, and the collages I created had transferred to LR CC, and this dialog box appears: "New Software is Available! Current Version 5.7 (build 991162). It would not let me "X" off the dialog box to close the message since I already had Lightroom CC installed on the same machine. The options there were: "Ignore These Updates." "Remind Me Later," and the (blue) Download button. It would not let me do the first two, and I had already installed LR CC the day after it's release so I didn't understand why I would need to "Download" since I am a subcriber, and Adobe has that information. Now neither Lightroom version will work and allow me to use them. I don't know what to do! Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

I then found out that Adobe CC released an update to Lightroom CC today that is supposed to correct startup issues. I did the update, and it said it was "Up To Date." This is what it said about the update: Lightroom CC/6 Update - April 2015:
This bug fix release for Lightroom CC and Lightroom 6 addressed issues related to launching Lightroom and accessing online help." I closed down the laptop and restarted, and I still have the same messages as before. So it seems that was not effective in my situation. I am using a Windows 7 64 bit Professional Laptop and have been an Adobe CC subscriber for over a year. Hopefully, you can help me so that I know what steps to take to remedy this situation.

Talked with Adobe Support and have updated the drivers for the graphic card in my laptop. The error messages threw me so I didn't think about the drivers for the graphics card needed to be updated. I thought it was a bug in the new release of Lightroom CC. Just thought I would let you all know how this was resolved so if any of you have error messages like what I received, you'll know what to do.

Last edited:
Richard, which card is normally used by the system, i.e. for general use, not specifically for Lightroom? Is there a system setting which controls this?

Thank you Jim. I'm not sure where such a setting is, although I have heard that the Intel card is the default, and that the NVidia card only kicks in when a programme asks for it. For example in Photoshop CC the NVidia card is being used, automatically, without me telling the programme to choose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back