• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom CC Issues after Install – For Windows Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

clee01l

Lightroom Guru
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
If you are a Windows user and are having issues with the new Subscription LRCC app after successfully installing , Please post your issue here and we will attempt to resolve and post a Solution. Before adding your issue to this thread, please review the previous posts (especially any posted Solutions) before adding your item to this thread.

Have the Photographers subscription based license to both Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC 2014. I'm having the same problem with both applications. Each time I launch one of the applications, either one I have to revalidate the license and sign-in again, even if I just exited the program 5 minutes before. On my laptop, this makes it virtually useless since I have to be connected to the internet every time I launch an ap.

I tried uninstalling the Creative Cloud Ap and both Photoshop and Lightroom and then reinstalling all from scratch. Still having the problem.

All I can suggest is sign-out of your Adobe ID account at adobe.com, sign-out of the CC app, sign-out of Lightroom, then sign back in again in the same order. If that doesn't fix the issue, then I'd suspect some kind of problem with your account settings at the server, in which case you'll probably need to speak with Customer Support.

Just to confirm though: after you sign-in and re-validate, you don't sign out again? You have to leave Lightroom (and thus the CC app) in the signed-in state all the time.

Dell XPS17 Laptop i7- Windows 8.1 -8Gb RAM- Lightroom-CC Photoshop-CC(2014) Norton-360.

Problem- "Edit in Photoshop" [CTRL+E] opens Photoshop program but not the selected image. Error message- "The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop-CC 2014 could not be launched"

I-S-L, I think that's worthy of a bug report at the official Adobe site.

Re: my images not opening in Photoshop CTRL+E- Post #99
Thanks ukbrown for suggestion-

I have updated to 6.01 CC Desktop app tells me I am all up to date (with LR-CC PS-CC Bridge-CC).
Images that do not open are DNG or NEF. After a long pause the error message pops up, They then open when I click on the error message [OK] !!
JPG images will 'make a copy' and open immediately OK.

So problem is not insurmountable but annoying until fixed.

Re: my images not opening in Photoshop CTRL+E- Post #99
So problem is not insurmountable but annoying until fixed.

Problem was insurmountable!! for a while. A very tolerant Adobe consultant was online for about 3 hours trying multiple things.
His final suggestion fixed the problem- Yeah!!! Thanks Adobe.
Thankyou Jim for comments- I think Adobe knows about the problem now, and I have found it in only a few forum posts now.

Uninstall every adobe program, (LR PS BR), delete all folders that hold info regarding LR & PS (preferences, etc) including all references to older CS5 installation. Sign out of CC-Desktop App, Sign in again, and Re-install LR PS BR in that order.
I also used CCleaner to tidy up the registry, and did computer re-boots after uninstalls and reinstalls.

So my advice to other Windows users with "Edit-in" 'no-show' spend some time & start afresh.

I just had an interesting behavior change followed by a crash upon exit.
I was trying out a new wide angle lens, and was playing a lot with perspective correction, and cycling back and forth in a compare mode, and examining various parts of the photo at 100% (1:1).
All of a sudden, "fit" and "1:1" became reversed. This happened for all views and both Library and Develop. When I tried "2:1", that became the new "fit".
I then exited LR, or I tried, and that's where things got hung up. I forced a quit.
A restart of LR showed everything was back to normal.
I doubt that I could reproduce the steps that got me to this strange flip flop of viewing. BTW, I have "use GPU" unchecked.

Here's an odd issue.
I purchased and installed an perpetual licence upgrade of Lr 6 when it was first released. Late last month I decided to take out a year's subscription to the Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC bundle as I thought that it was high time that I got to grips with the minutiae of the full blown Photoshop application. Everything seemed to be OK. Today Lightroom CC (2015) was released and apparently installed on my machine. The splash screen says that it is Lightroom 6.1, and there is no sign of the new Haze slider in the Effects dialogue. So, despite the fact that I am paying for Lightroom CC as part of the bundle, it has not been installed on top of or instead of the Lightroom 6 perpetual licenced version.
Should I uninstall Lr 6 and re-install Lr CC? Presumably my perpetual licence will still be valid if/when I abandon the Photoshop CC bundle?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers,
Micko

Here's an odd issue.
I purchased and installed an perpetual licence upgrade of Lr 6 when it was first released. Late last month I decided to take out a year's subscription to the Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC bundle as I thought that it was high time that I got to grips with the minutiae of the full blown Photoshop application. Everything seemed to be OK. Today Lightroom CC (2015) was released and apparently installed on my machine. The splash screen says that it is Lightroom 6.1, and there is no sign of the new Haze slider in the Effects dialogue. So, despite the fact that I am paying for Lightroom CC as part of the bundle, it has not been installed on top of or instead of the Lightroom 6 perpetual licenced version.
Should I uninstall Lr 6 and re-install Lr CC? Presumably my perpetual licence will still be valid if/when I abandon the Photoshop CC bundle?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers,
Micko
OK, a quick update. I am now seeing Lightroom CC on the splash screen after I uninstalled Lr 6 and reinstalled via the Creative Cloud widget doodah. The Haze slider is there and everything is as expected in my catalogue. Brilliant! Time will tell if I will be able to regress equally easily in perhaps a year's time.
Cheers,
Micko

I have been running CC with PS and LR well for a couple of months now..... Yesterday my CC app froze and says it is updating, but has obviously crashed. This occurred I think when CC automatically updated. As most of us know, a couple of days ago Adobe announced a big upgrade on their PS Raw Converter, adding big capabilities to Fuji X-trans sensor cameras (which is just about everyone these days). I assume that LR wil also add the new haze sliders and better support for Fuji. This was probably the big update. Anyway, my CC has frozen. I tried to uninstall it, but it would not allow it. I guess you have to first uninstall all the CS 6 and LR 5 and CC version LR and PS programs? That is scary. I haven't tried calling Adobe yet. I know what a chore that is. Could this fix itself? I bet Adobe is attacking this because I read an article that several Windows 7 64 users crashed yesterday on the CC app update. My LR and PS programs run fine. I just can't update them with the new downloads and greatly improved capabilities for my Fuji XT-1. Cletus? Jim? Somebody? I'm sorry if it is already posted. I didn't read it all...... At work man.....

GregJ,
Try this:
Quit the Adobe CC App Manager, Reboot your computer and let the Adobe CC App Manager start automatically as a resident task. Is everything OK? Has it installed LRCC2015.1? Or is it now telling you that you have a LRCC update waiting?

Cletus,

I snuck home at lunch and rebooted. The new CC App loaded quickly and I updated PS and LR. A miracle. You are a genius and I am an idiot. Reboot? Hello..... This board should have a demerit system. I should be penalized somehow. Anyway, the updated LR did not have the haze slider announced for PS, and I noticed that on lens profile that for some reason the line of fantastic Fujinon lenses is still not listed. Amazing, in that they are so great, so popular (and so expensive). I wonder if "Built in lens profile applied" is really noticed for Fuji lenses. The only thing on the lens profile menu for Fuji is the X100, X100s and X100t. Those are fixed-lens rangefinder style pocket cameras. What about the XT-1, perhaps the best camera in the world? I don't get it, and Adobe made a big announcement a couple of days ago that they were dramatically increasing LR and PS support for the great Fuji X-trans sensor because all Fuji shooters know that there are demosoic method problems with Fuji LR support -- color bleeding along sharp edges and light-dark transitions. The latest LR CC was supposed to greatly improve fine detail rendering and overall edge definition for Fuji developing in LR. Oh well ... I can wait. LR is still by far the best and you have to magnify to see the Fuji shortfalls for their marvelous X-trans sensor. Thanks for getting me up and running..... Greg

Cletus,

...... Anyway, the updated LR did not have the haze slider announced for PS,.....g

I too had problems with the CC App. It has some issues on Windows. I had to do a couple of reboots before it fully appeared, though it was running. And when I first updated to CC/PS 2015, it did not download the V9 Camera Raw . I had to uninstall PS and reinstall.

Anyway, the haze slider in LR should be found near the bottom of the Develop tools under Effects. Check your Camera Raw version under Help/About Adobe PS LR. If it is not v9.1 you may need to uninstall then reinstall.
Good luck.

Jim

LR CC 2015 Not Updating Edits in Develop Module

I updated from LR 2014 CC to LR 2015 CC yesterday; before the update, everything worked well.

Problem: After I send my TIFs over to Topaz or PS 2015 CC for editing, the images return back to LR without the edits showing up in the Develop Module, but the edits show up in the Gallery Module.

What I have done thus far to try and fix it:
1) Cleared LR Preferences file from Creative Cloud, rebooted.
2) Signed in and out of CC, rebooted.
3) Updated my Graphics Card driver, rebooted.
4) Unchecked GUI in LR Display Preferences, rebooted.

After shutting down LR and going back in, the edits appear in the image in the Develop Module, but I cannot keep shutting it down as I have hundreds of files to tweak!

Someone please help!

Kind regards, Darlene

Can you just clarify your workflow here. You say "After I send my TIFs over...", is that correct or do you mean after you send your Raw files over and get the TIFs coming back? Next, can you clarify your action #1? Resetting the preferences is something that you could try, but your description doesn't tie in with how the preferences are reset (i.e. your reference to Creative Cloud is confusing me).

Can you just clarify your workflow here. You say "After I send my TIFs over...", is that correct or do you mean after you send your Raw files over and get the TIFs coming back?

1) RAW file goes into develop module,
2) I select "Auto" and make small adjustments,
3) I right click and select "Edit in photoFXlab.exe", selecting "Edit copy with Lightroom Adjustments"
4) Image opens in photoEXlab, I select the Topaz filter I want, edit and then choose "OK"
5) Image is brought back into LR, but adjustments are not visible (not even the "Auto" adjustments from LR before Topaz filter)
6) I look at images before and after edited image while in Develop module to see if adjustments will appear, but no adjustments appear.
7) I move to Gallery module and all adjustments appear; I go back to Develop module, still no adjustments appear.
8) I exit LR, return back in, and the adjustments appear in all modules.

Next, can you clarify your action #1? Resetting the preferences is something that you could try, but your description doesn't tie in with how the preferences are reset (i.e. your reference to Creative Cloud is confusing me).

Using Shift+ Alt while selecting LR on the CC menu resets all LR preferences to default (deletes former preference file; used in case of corrupt file). After doing so, you have to reinstall any user installed plug-ins and reset all preferences.

Thank you, I do understand the "how and what" of resetting the LR preferences, it just hadn't occurred to me that you were starting LR via the CC desktop app, which is why I didn't understand the reference to Creative Cloud. No matter, my bad.

Back to your odd issue. Could you run a quick test: take a raw file in Lightroom, press V to turn it to B&W, then do Edit in Photoshop CC 2015. When the file opens in PS, make any small adjustment, e.g. auto tone, simply to enable the Save option, then do File>Save. Back in Lightroom you should now have the returned Tiff alongside the original Raw, and both should be B&W no matter which module you're in. Is that the case?

Back to your odd issue. Could you run a quick test: take a raw file in Lightroom, press V to turn it to B&W, then do Edit in Photoshop CC 2015. When the file opens in PS, make any small adjustment, e.g. auto tone, simply to enable the Save option, then do File>Save. Back in Lightroom you should now have the returned Tiff alongside the original Raw, and both should be B&W no matter which module you're in. Is that the case?

Yes, the RAW and TIFF are both back in LR with adjustments. The TIFF was visible with PS adjustments in the DEV module.

With all these problems, I am wondering if I should update...I'm on CC and I see it wants' to update me for all apps (PS and LR)... then I saw a message on PS FB ... Dave Cross posted this warning today: "Photoshop CC 2015 Warning" — When you go to install Photoshop CC 2015, the default setting is to uninstall any previous versions. I think it's wise to turn off that option, just until you feel assured that CC 2015 is working the way you want. To do this, click on Advanced Options and uncheck "remove old versions"

Maybe I should stick with what I have for now and wait? My programs are working great right now and I hate to have any big problems.

Yes, the RAW and TIFF are both back in LR with adjustments. The TIFF was visible with PS adjustments in the DEV module.

OK, so maybe the issue is confined to Topaz....want to repeat that test, this time using Edit in Topaz (or whatever it's called)?

With all these problems, I am wondering if I should update...I'm on CC and I see it wants' to update me for all apps (PS and LR)... then I saw a message on PS FB ... Dave Cross posted this warning today: "Photoshop CC 2015 Warning" — When you go to install Photoshop CC 2015, the default setting is to uninstall any previous versions. I think it's wise to turn off that option, just until you feel assured that CC 2015 is working the way you want. To do this, click on Advanced Options and uncheck "remove old versions"

Maybe I should stick with what I have for now and wait? My programs are working great right now and I hate to have any big problems.

Norma, it's really up to you. If you don't want/need to use the new features, and you aren't being impacted by any of the problems that the update fixes, then you're OK to defer updating for now.

OK, so maybe the issue is confined to Topaz....want to repeat that test, this time using Edit in Topaz (or whatever it's called)?

The test failed when going from Dev to Topaz and back to LR. Again, the images show adjustments in the Gallery module, but not in the Dev module. This was not the case prior to the upgrade. Any suggestions?

Not at this stage, but I see a somewhat similar report over at the official Adobe feedback site - here - so I'll cross-link your issue onto that thread, as it'll get more attention from Adobe over there.

But can we confirm (maybe a few more tests just to make sure) that Edit in PS is working OK, and that your issue is linked to Topaz only?

The test failed when going from Dev to Topaz and back to LR. Again, the images show adjustments in the Gallery module, but not in the Dev module. This was not the case prior to the upgrade. Any suggestions?

One other thing: could we verify the exact version of Lightroom that you're now running? In your first post you stated that you'd updated from LR CC 2014 to LR CC 2015.....strictly speaking there wasn't an LR CC 2014 version, so I'd like to understand what version you are now running. Could you do Help>System Info and tell me what's listed against the Lightroom Version (including the 7 digit build number in parentheses)? Thanks.

One other thing: could we verify the exact version of Lightroom that you're now running? In your first post you stated that you'd updated from LR CC 2014 to LR CC 2015.....strictly speaking there wasn't an LR CC 2014 version, so I'd like to understand what version you are now running.

Sorry, it was the latest CC version before the 2015 CC upgrade.

Could you do Help>System Info and tell me what's listed against the Lightroom Version (including the 7 digit build number in parentheses)? Thanks.

Lightroom version: CC 2015.1 [ 1025654 ]

The Edits to PS were not showing up in Dev model yesterday, but are working now.

Thanks, but files edited in Topaz are still not working, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back