• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom CC - Hardrive not showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanadavies83

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Hi

I was hoping someone could help.

I have updated my system to Catalina 10.15.6 and latest version of lightroom. Now when I go to import I can see the external hardrive but not any files inside. Any help most appreciated :)

Lana

In my Source panel the only volume that is expanded is the primary drive (Macintosh HD). All mounted volumes will have a triangle to the left, pointing right. Macintosh HD will have a triangle to the left, pointing down. This is an indicator that show whether the folder can be expanded to show subfolders or is already expanded. AFAIK this is the default position for the import dialog. Is this what you are describing or something else?

FWIW, "Lightroom CC" is an obsolete and confusing term. For clarity Adobe now called the app associated with v9.4 simply Lightroom Classic (or LrC). The cloud version (now v3.4) is called simply Lightroom (Lr)

Last edited:
Make sure Lightroom has permissions to access the drive.
648FF076-DC2D-4272-A5C0-5D0CBD8917CA.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back