• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom CC error Unable to Connect to Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

bethlitwin

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom CC 3.0
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Since installing the update the cloud in the corner shows an error UNABLE TO CONNECT TO NETWORK. I have spent about 15 hours on chat with various tech support people from adobe and thus far the problem persists with no solution as it seems there is no way to link to the network directly from the program. I have no network issues and my network is strong and intact!!! Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Hi Beth, welcome to the forum! I don't suppose you have your originals location set to a NAS instead of a local hard drive?

Thanks so much for your reply. The originals are stored on an NAS!!! I always have and it was never an issue. I don't have enough space on my HD my library is massive. Are the originals that are stored on the NAS full size or not since it is really storing them in the cloud?

Thank you for saving me more time chatting with them, I am surprised they had not asked or shared there was no fix with the NAS. Does it matter that it says it is not connecting? Does it mean even though it says it is syncing it isn't?

It's a weird one. I've been able to reproduce it on my own NAS for about 6 months or so, so I don't think it's new to 3.0. On mine, I've seen the whole performance slow right down so horribly that I moved my originals to an external drive instead.

No worries. It's worth adding to the bug thread just so they get a feel for how many people are affected (because that affects fix priority) , but that should at least save you some stress in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back