• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

lightroom cc disappeared and now have lightroom mobile on opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanoose

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
lightroom cc 6
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
i was working on some photos and got an unusual prompt to back up, the programme unexpectedly quit and now when reopen the usual window is gone and the window is what i think is lightroom mobile " get started with lightroom mobile " which i have never used. playing with this a bit does reveal some of my photos, all small in size, and greatly reduced in quantity. any ideas what has happened and how can i get back to lightroom cc

when i go to help menu and hit lightroom help .... can't open page

Ok, let's start with the Basics. Can you please go to Help menu > System Info and tell us the exact version number please, because there isn't a version called Lightroom CC 6. There's a Lightroom CC, there's a Lightroom CC 2015, there's a Lightroom 6 and there's a Lightroom Classic CC. Yes, confusing! Do you have a subscription or not?

I wonder, from what you say, whether you opened the wrong version. Perhaps Lightroom CC (with a turquoise edge to the icon) instead of Lightroom Classic (which has a light blue edge). But then, I don't think that one refers to Lightroom mobile, so maybe it's an older version! I think we'll need a few more clues.

Ok, let's start with the Basics. Can you please go to Help menu > System Info and tell us the exact version number please, because there isn't a version called Lightroom CC 6. There's a Lightroom CC, there's a Lightroom CC 2015, there's a Lightroom 6 and there's a Lightroom Classic CC. Yes, confusing! Do you have a subscription or not?

I wonder, from what you say, whether you opened the wrong version. Perhaps Lightroom CC (with a turquoise edge to the icon) instead of Lightroom Classic (which has a light blue edge). But then, I don't think that one refers to Lightroom mobile, so maybe it's an older version! I think we'll need a few more clues.

yes have subscription. here is version Lightroom version: 6.0 [1014445]

attached screenshot of opening window in lr. playing with this i can find some of my photos but only some and this is not how the app usually looks like. i think have done something simple but cannot find my way back

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 10.12.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 10.12.50 AM.png
    382.7 KB · Views: 633
tried to restore the app from timemachine but opening window remains as the screen shot depicts. i confirmed that photos are still in hd. could i have changed settings or appearance to change the opening window ? previously upon opening the app showed "library" and had all photos listed in left hand window area under collections etc. if i click "import" as new opening prompt suggests, i can import my photos from pictures file in hd. should i proceed with this action? why has this happened ? should i add, copy as dng , move ?

there is a different line on help menu with version, is this what you need?
Version: 10.13 [6]

The program you show in your screenshot is Lightroom 6, not LR Mobile. That "get started" message wants to tell you about LR Mobile and get you started using it. That message comes up the first time you use LR 6. You are looking at an empty catalogue. Search your disks for files ending in the extension ".LRCAT", and double-click on those until you find the one that references your images.

thanks hal. i have located these on my hd in; home>pictures>lightroom>backups as zip files (and also a small file labeled lr catalog)
i cannot reach that while in lr. Following the thread while in lr gives pictures>lightroom no content. If i try lightroommasters most (not all ) images can be seen, ONLY as thumbnails as JPEGS AVI etc, no .LRCAT and these do not yield the actual photos when double clicked

Hang on a second. If you have a subscription, it shouldn't be showing as 6.0. It should be 2015.0, at a bare minimum. Open the Creative Cloud app from the menubar or Applications folder and see whether it's suggesting you should install/update to Lightroom Classic.

sorry misunderstood what you meant by subscription. this is what i guess in now called classic (lightroom 6). the prompt to go to mobile is just that, a prompt. as hal has mentioned i am looking at an empty app, with no ? catalogue ? do i have to reimport all the images? they are still on hd as i state in response to Hal. i can get to the thumbnails thru the opening window after hitting import, thinking i should try that. will that re establish my catalogue?

i have (re) imported all images under folder name "pictures" in screenshot above and now have accesss to full sized images again. but in doing so, sadly lost all meta data keywords etc. which i can live with and busy myself with going through them again. the vast majority of the images (14000 of 18000) are in folder titled LightroomMasters. i would like to organize the photos again into something usable again, but when i tried to create the first batch into a new folder, i was prompted that these photos would be moved on the disc (attached ss). is this a problem? should the file LightroomMasters be kept intact?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 1.36.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 1.36.48 PM.png
    185.3 KB · Views: 236
i have (re) imported all images under folder name "pictures" in screenshot above and now have accesss to full sized images again. but in doing so, sadly lost all meta data keywords etc. which i can live with and busy myself with going through them again. the vast majority of the images (14000 of 18000) are in folder titled LightroomMasters. i would like to organize the photos again into something usable again, but when i tried to create the first batch into a new folder, i was prompted that these photos would be moved on the disc (attached ss). is this a problem? should the file LightroomMasters be kept intact?
Don't worry about it. That is just a warning that there is no 'undo' menu for this action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back