• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom CC and Camera Raw CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhedleyj

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LRCC 2.2.1 and Bridge CC 2019 9.0.3.279 using macOS10.14.4 Mojave
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I am subscribed to the Lightroom CC package (1TB) which also comes with Camera Raw CC and Bridge. How do I use the Camera Raw? I cannot find any means of using it within LRCC or Bridge. I am guessing that it is embedded in LRCC but not in Bridge since when I right-click a photo in Bridge there is a menu item "Open in Camera Raw" but then I am told that Camera Raw is not enabled and that I need to license a qualifying product. It is not mentioned anywhere in LRCC.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I am not sure that with "Lightroom CC" you do have Camera Raw.

I'm guessing with the storage option (1TB), you must be on the Lightroom Plan and it doesn't come with Photoshop? From my research awhile back, the Camera Raw plugin for Bridge only is a crippled version used only for display and previewing of raw files within Bridge. I'm theorizing this but, unless you have Photoshop (licensed qualifying product) that utilizes Camera Raw then there is nothing to enable. Adobe did this because they unbundled Bridge from their other applications and made it free for anyone to use and obviously they wont give away their Camera Raw editor [ It’s True: Adobe Bridge CC Is Completely Free for Everyone, for Life! ]. Being you're a current customer paying for a plan and they offer Bridge with it (only because its free), you may want to give them a call to see if there is a way to enable Camera Raw.

If you are on the 1TB Lightroom Photography, you don't need a standalone copy of Camera RAW. Lightroom uses Camera RAW to convert and adjust RAW images to RGB. AND the user interface in LR is easier to manage IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back