Export Lightroom CC 2015.8/Mac -> Export to WEBDAV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaucriviz

Lightroom Version Number
CC 2015.8
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hi, Folks, I hope, my question is in the right place here.

Here is my problem: I have to export files from Lightroom to a remote server. The one and only way to access it is via webdav. So I mount this folder as a server.

If I move files from the Mac Finder to that webdav folder it works. But if I export files from Lightroom directly to that remote webdav folder I get an error message telling me that there is not enough disk space. Well... in some way that is right: a webdav folder that you mount as a server does not tell you how much space is available. Webdav never does. Period. Obviously Lightroom wants to know from an export folder how much space is available, and if there is no answer it tells me there is not enough space.

Well, other apps can do it: Bridge, Apple Preview and others.

Is there a way how I can tell Lightroom to ignore the available disk space on a mounted webdav volume?

From the message, I conclude that you have a permissions problem with Lightroom. Lightroom Classic attempts to open the mounted drive for writing and is told "no".

In Mac System Preferences, open the Security and Privacy applet to the "Privacy tab, Under the "Files and Folders" section, make sure that Lightroom has access to Network Volumes.

I don’t think MacOS High Sierra had that option in Security &Privacy. The problem is probably not lack of access to network volumes, but the WebDav protocol.

The obvious workaround is to export the images to a local drive and move them from there to the remote server using Finder.

I don’t think MacOS High Sierra had that option in Security &Privacy. The problem is probably not lack of access to network volumes, but the WebDav protocol.

Yes, I wondered about that too. If it is not Apple MacOS security, then it is the WebDAV security that is preventing Lightroom Classic from writing to the destination.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I wondered about that too. If it is not Apple MacOS security, then it is the WebDAV security that is preventing Lightroom Classic from writing to the destination.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In fact it's ONLY Lightroom Classic that has this problem.

It tries to read out how much space is on the disk, then estimates how much space is needed. As it does not get an answer it fails.

Other programs don't do that. I can save this website as HTML from Chrome or Safari to that destination. I can change a photo in Apple Preview and do the same. I can save there from MS Office, Pages, Numbers, Adobe InDesign (!), Apple's screenshot app. Whatever I try, it works. Only Lightroom has this problem.

I wonder whether there is a hidden option like "don't f*** around when exporting." :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back