lightroom catalog in an inconsistent state

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipittydoda

Lightroom Version Number
lightroom 6
Operating System
  1. Windows 8
My lightroom is not opening it has said the catalog was left in an inconsistent state but after restarting it will open. I have tried to restore my backup catalog with no luck. Should I reinstall lightroom?

Hi chippittydoda, welcome to the forum!

After restarting it works ok? And when you try to open it again later it's ok, or not?

When you tried to restore the backup catalog, what kind of issues did you run into?

There are some old hints in this forum thread- https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2388518

Hints include- Run the Integrity check- Hold down [Ctrl] as you start Lightroom and check the 'Test..' box as Lr opens-

Hi chippittydoda, welcome to the forum!

After restarting it works ok? And when you try to open it again later it's ok, or not?

When you tried to restore the backup catalog, what kind of issues did you run into?
Thank you!

No after restarting it does the same thing, it only opens Lightroom to the first screen then freezes. If I try to do anything it says Lightroom not responding. I've tried running it with a few different back ups and none of those work either. I am starting to think it is the Lightroom software itself and not the catalog but I am scared to reinstall because I am not sure if I could still use my old catalog.

Reinstall won't do any harm, so it's worth a shot. If you want to send me the catalog, I'll double check whether it opens here. I'd only need the lrcat bit (no previews or photos). If you want me to give it a try,
wetransfer.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back