Lightroom Catalog corruption or miss-assigned pointers

hmpost

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Operating System
  1. macOS 13 Ventura
I am not sure if this is a Lightroom Catalog corruption or keyword corruption.
I am finding that when I click on a Keyword list name, say Scotland, that photos from outside of Scotland appear.
In this case here are the Keywords listed from a photo taken in New Zealand, but when I click on the right side arrow in Scotland, the New Zealand image appears.
Bay of Islands, cemetary, church, EVENTS, HDR, MacPhun Aurora HDR, New Zealand, New Zealand 2018, North Island, Oceania, Waitangi < North Island
Is there a way to remove the New Zealand image from this search? The New Zealand photo was taken in 2018 and my Scotland images were taken 2019
Here is the Keyword list I checked.

Screenshot 2022-12-06 at 1.18.33 PM.png

I am using the current release of Lightroom and using a MacBook Pro (Apple M1Max), on Ventura 13.0.1
The catalog has been used since version 1 of Lightroom and the catalog is currently v12
Also wondering if there is a way to manually correct this as I have a few others that this also happens. I have over 95,000 images in the collection.

Thanks

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
There is a check mark against "Oceania" in your KW list, so I presume that there must be a KW in that hierarchy assigned to a currently selected image.
What shows in the Keywording panel when you select images that appear to have the incorrect KW?

hmpost

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Just a follow up thought. I purchased the original KW list with the first version of Lightroom and just keep adding to it. As mentioned I have a couple of dozen images that seem to show up in th wrong search. I tend to search from the KW list by clicking on the right arrow.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
So check marks indicate an assigned KW for a selected image. Several in the "New Zealand" hierarchy of KWs.!
If you do not want "New Zealand" as a KW for selected images - click on the check mark to remove it from the selected image.

The [-] indicator suggests that there are 'Child' KWs in a hierarchy that may not be visible in the KW list.
Expand the "Edinburg" parent KW to show any child KWs.
https://helpx.adobe.com/au/lightroom-classic/help/keywords.html

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Your last screen-shot does not tell me much, other than you do not have a photo selected that uses any of the visible KWs.

Select one of the images in the Library Grid that you suspect of having the wrong KWs and screen-clip the [Keywording] panel (NOT the Keyword List!)
I want to see the KWs assigned to the selected photo. Like this-
2022-12-07 05_22_08-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

hmpost

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Sorry I thought it was in the original post. This image shows up when I click on the right arrow on Scotland. One thing I notice is that sometimes I don't see posted the entire higherarchy
Screenshot 2022-12-06 at 2.28.17 PM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-06 at 2.28.17 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-06 at 2.28.17 PM.png
    143.6 KB · Views: 13

hmpost

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
OK yes I see it.

Normally I wouldn't do that as I would use 'cemetery' that I have under Architecture>building>religious building> cemetary

Thanks for your help

Screenshot 2022-12-06 at 2.37.58 PM.png

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
"sometimes I don't see posted the entire hierarchy"
The Keywording panel has view options that may explain that.
2022-12-07 05_45_48-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

So "cemetary" and "Church" are the offending KWs to cause the confusion.
Thanks Jim for adding to discussion.
Took me ages to 'get my head around' all the facets of Keywording!

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
One thing I notice is that sometimes I don't see posted the entire higherarchy
Are you referring to the fact that some of the keywords in the Keywording panel are qualified with their parent, e.g. Waitangi < North Island, and most not? If the name of a keyword occurs more than once in the hierarchy, then LR will display it in the Keywording panel with enough ancestors to unambiguously identify which keyword is referenced. "Waitangi" occurs under both "North Island" and "Bay of Islands", so LR includes its parent to indicate the specific keyword.