• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom catalog concern.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DianeHphotos

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Can someone help me understand why under the catalog the number of photos is 596615 and in the Main Photos go here 4 Seagate
I have 185783 images. I have looked and lots of the images in the catalog are not found. I have attached a screen copy of numbers.

Thanks in advance...

Diane

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 8.32.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 8.32.40 PM.png
    304.3 KB · Views: 223
Looking at the portion of the Folders Panel that you have included in your screenshot, there are an additional 310,000 photos which have been imported, mostly from the LR backup Cloner drive and some from the Macintosh HD drive. So, when added to the 185783 images in the "MAIN PHOTOS GO HERE" folder on the "MAIN PHOTOS GO HERE" drive, that gives a total of approximately 496000 photos that we can see in the Folders Panel. So 100,000 or so photos aren't yet accounted for. However, the complete Folders Panel is not shown, so there may be additional top-level folders further down the list on the "MAIN PHOTOS GO HERE" drive. There are also 3 offline drives which are not expanded, so they may include some of those not counted 100,000 photos, and indeed there may be other drives lower down the panel which we can't see.

The All Photographs total will include all photos imported from all drives, even if some of those drives are offline. If you're not able to account for those additional 100,000 images, try posting a screenshot of the complete Folders Panel, all the way down to the Collections panel header.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back