• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom catalog and missing photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhazell2000

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic v8
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I was about to update to LR Classic 8 when the catalog updated to lrcat6. The links between my hard drives and folders are now broken.
The actions I have taken are as follows:
1 Checked folders/files are on my 2 internal hard drives - they are.
2 Optimized Catalog
3 Synchronize Folders
4 Updated to latest version
Most of the issues relate to the files and folders on one hd drive. There are more files in the folders than there are in my library catalog and its folders. When I try to import the extras it says that 'it appears to be a duplicate in another photo in the catalog' or 'No photos found' or No photos in current import'
Quick Collection - no images but file name, rating etc present.
All photographs
Missing photos - over 100k - when asked to find missing photos ran a search for about 30 minutes but no results displayed.
I have a pressing need to complete some work in LR. Can I revert to the previous catalog Ircat 5 or do I need to sort the issues out now with lrcat 6?

I was about to update to LR Classic 8 when the catalog updated to lrcat6
I'm sorry, but this is not clear to me. Could you describe in more details what you did and what happened, step by step ?
What do you mean by "the catalog update to lrcat6" ? Update of a catalog occurs only after a LR version upgrade, the first time you open the catalog with the new version.

Hi Phillipe,
Thanks for your reply. The catalog updated to Ircat 6 before the upgrade - a couple of days ago. When this had happened that is when the problems above occurred. At this stage I had not updated to v8.0. I have now to see if this solved the problem, It did not, I have now gone back to Ircat 5 and everything is fine.
Nigel

Great that all is fine, because I have never heard of lrcat6 or lrcat5.

Do any folders have ? beside them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back