• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom Cassic CC crashes upon images deletion

Status
Not open for further replies.

williec

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Classic CC 8.2
Operating System
  1. Windows 7
When culling images and rejecting using the "X" key, I then go to Photo> Delete Rejected Photos > Remove and the program becomes non-responsive. Close it and re-open and the removal has been done as requested. I have done the Pref reset to no avail. Any ideas?

Hi Williec, does the same happen if you filter for rejected photos and then remove them normally (e.g. not using the Delete Rejected Photos command)? What kind of drive is the catalog stored on?

If I filter for rejected photos I get a different error (see attached) . The cat is on the local hard drive, SATA type.

Attachments

• LR issue.JPG
    LR issue.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 280
Ok, that's either a plug-in issue, or perhaps some kind of catalog corruption. First things first, try disabling all plug-ins and try that again.

Found 4 plugins that I never installed...Adobe Stock, Facebook, Nikon tethering (I shoot Canon) and one other. Disabled all and everything seems OK so far. Thanks for the tips.

BTW...I have been using LR since Beta .99 (pre-release review group) and have never seen this situation. Is this new? Were they installed and enabled with the 8.1 update? That is when the problems started. Just curious about how this occurred. Again, thanks for the help.

Adobe Stock, Facebook, Nikon & Canon tethering are all shipped with Lightroom, so they should be fine. The "one other" might have triggered it though.

The same happened to me only a few minutes ago. The only thing that has changed recently is an update to LR. Apart from that I made no changes and this has not happened to me before (I have had crashes but not when deleting files marked for deletion), despite working with LR on an almost daily basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back