• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom Book Module_Recovering Lost Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

nIkedoni1a

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
I uploaded a book to blurb and had it printed. Upon receipt of the book I noticed I had misspelled a word so I went back into the book module and corrected it. I neglected to click create saved book and now it is missing from my collections. Up until the point that I uploaded it to blurb lightroom always saved it automatically. I suspect that once uploaded to blurb lightroom considers it a done deal and treated my modification as a new book because now it is missing from my collection.
I do have a backup dated one day prior to the day I uploaded it so I know I can go back and see it, my question is how to go back grab the book and then bring it back to today's catalog. I don't want to just start using the older catalog version and lose the work I did between then and now.

Solution
Victoria has a blog article (link below) that details a method.
In your case, you would
1) Open the 'Backup' catalog (after extracting from the ZIP) Select and [Right-Click] only the Saved Book Collection in the Collection panel
2) [Export as a Catalog], You do not need to include 'Negative files' in the Catalog Export procedure.
3) re-open your master catalog and [Import from another Catalog] to "bring it back to today's catalog".
RESTORE PARTIAL from backup catalog?
View attachment 16135
Awesome! I really thought it was going to be more convoluted than this. Thank you so much for taking the time to post this explanation.
how to go back grab the book and then bring it back to today's catalog.
In your case, you would
1) Open the 'Backup' catalog (after extracting from the ZIP) Select and [Right-Click] only the Saved Book Collection in the Collection panel
2) [Export as a Catalog], You do not need to include 'Negative files' in the Catalog Export procedure.
3) re-open your master catalog and [Import from another Catalog] to "bring it back to today's catalog".
ScreenShot373.jpg

In your case, you would
View attachment 16135
Awesome! I really thought it was going to be more convoluted than this. Thank you so much for taking the time to post this explanation.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back