• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom and tethered D7200 - metering not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Palfreyman

Premium Classic Member
Hi all,

I have a very odd problem with LR6.7 and a new D7200 in tethered mode (from a Windows PC) In a nutshell metering doesn't seem to be working when tethered.

I can take a shot manually in, say, Aperture priority mode and it works fine. Perfectly exposed. Hook up the USB with no further changes and take the shot from LR as a tethered connection and metering isn't happening. The shot comes across to the camera but it's either under or over exposed depending on conditions.

I have a D7000 that works just fine under exactly the same set up and have reproduced the problem with different lenses, so it's not a lens issue as far as I can tell.

I'm trying to work out if its a s/w bug or a problem with my D7200 (or even "user error") so a confirmation that it is/isn't reproducible from anyone else with a 7200 would be great!

Thanks in anticipation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back