• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Lightroom adds extra keywords to the ones I add

les_stockton

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
I try to tag my photos with keywords, if at all possible and then publish to flickr and to smugmug. However, I've noticed that in some cases, it adds keywords that I did not tag the photos with when it publishes. WHen I look at my library, the photos are tagged as I originally tagged, but when published, other keywords are added. They might be from the "Suggested Keywords", but I'm wondering why this happens, and is there a way for me to prevent it from happening in the future.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Got any examples of those keywords Les? I'm wondering about synonyms...

Edit Keyword Tag.jpg

les_stockton

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Well, I posted a series of photos from a volleyball game. I had keywords like ncaa, volleyball, "women's volleyball", and team name. I got those, but in addition, I got keywords that I use when I tag hockey games; hockey, "ice hockey".

sty2586

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
If you check the foto in the library, do you see "ice hockey"??
If yes, maybe you have metadata in your import presets.

Greetings from Vienna
Franz

sty2586

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Another option: Look in your keyword list. Has "ice hockey" a sub-keyword, which is maybe one of the intentionally used??