Not open for further replies.

THOMAS LADUC

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Operating System:
MAC 0S
Lightroom Version: 6
(Please go to Help menu > System Info to double check the exact version number)

Question or Description of Problem: BOUGHT THE UPGRADE 79BUCKS...DOWNLOADED....tried to save in dock..but it never does...and I cannot find it...so I have to reinstall everytime....this was suppose to be stand alone and not cloud...but this is crazy...I am a rookie so....I am sure I am doing osmething wrong....I had LR4 and it worked well....but now LR^ disappears everytime I close it....HELP please I keep seeing CC..I thought I was buying for $79 the LR^ stand alone upgrade to LR4....I do not understand the CC......

Last edited:
If you have successfully installed LR6, you should be able to find it in the Apps folder inside a sub folder labeled "Adobe Lightroom". Once you have identified the executable, simply drag it to the Dock.
There is only one code base for Lightroom. Your license (or lack of) determines whether it is installed as a trial, subscription or perpetual license.

If you have successfully installed LR6, you should be able to find it in the Apps folder inside a sub folder labeled "Adobe Lightroom". Once you have identified the executable, simply drag it to the Dock.
There is only one code base for Lightroom. Your license (or lack of) determines whether it is installed as a trial, subscription or perpetual license.
There is a lightroom in my dock andit is still LR4...and has the old catalog.....and that is in my apps folder alsol......the LR^ shows in the bottom of the dock but it will not stay there even though I hit stay in dock...andthere is no LR6 that i can find in my applications grrrrr I know it doesnt make sense...seldom does with me lllolololol thanks for helping

okay I did drag a LR over to the dock....now Ihave two LR in the dock.....hopefully when I close or shut down next time it will stay there....I figured it would 'take over' the LR4 and go from there.....

thanks again.....tough for an old man not very familiar with computers.... lololol .....thanks again

tough for an old man not very familiar with computers.... lololol .....
I'll bet that I am older than you are. I'm glad I was able to work you through the issue. The install of LR6 does not replace LR4. Or LR4 in the Dock. You will need to do those manually. Similarly, for some reason LR6 does not get added to the dock automatically. This might be because there is already a version of LR in the dock. Or is might be some quirk of MacOS.

I'll bet that I am older than you are. I'm glad I was able to work you through the issue. The install of LR6 does not replace LR4. Or LR4 in the Dock. You will need to do those manually. Similarly, for some reason LR6 does not get added to the dock automatically. This might be because there is already a version of LR in the dock. Or is might be some quirk of MacOS.
OK THANKS A TON....hopefully it stays..... at the top it says ...Get started with Lightroom mobile....that is something i have no idea about...I hope i dont have a cloud thing...have enough problems with the computer....I shoul dnothave to sign in to use this every time right...this should be like my LR4 that was on my macpro...I hope!

When you install an application, it is not always automatically added to the dock. That is not an OS quirk, it's because the author has to add that action to the installer. Apparently Adobe didn't do that.

note to all THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP

LR stays in dock and all seems fine....now to find the differences between 6 and 4 ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back