• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Map module Lightroom 6 - GPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

calum.maclean.70

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom version: 6.14 [ 1149743 ]
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi
I'm still on Lightroom 6.14. I'm going to try to manually GSP tag a number of old photos (i.e. not with a gpx tracking file, but with manually dragging onto the map). I've done the Google Maps API hack, so I can still see Google Maps in the Maps module.
A couple of questions:
1. I have a couple of photos which I've dragged manually onto the map, about 10 feet apart. They show the same GPS location (degrees, minutes, seconds), but are shown at different locations in the map. Is Lightroom storing some extra sub-second information which it is not showing? (When I looked at an exported JPEG, it shows a sub-second value.)
2. Is it possible to automatically apply altitude when using the maps module? i.e. for altitude to automatically be worked out when tagging to a particular GPS location?
Thanks - Calum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back