Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Miller

LR Classic
Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I have (had) Lightroom 6 installed and am a long time LR user (since version 1 - 2). Today I installed Lightroom CC - now I cannot find my install of Lightroom 6 - LRCC installed correctly. Anyone know what happened to LR6? I want to have both installed.

Thanks

I don't think you can have LR6 and LRCC at the same time. They are the same piece of software, the branding (and features) that you see depend on whether you apply a perpetual (LR6) licence or take out a CC subscription. It may be feasible to have two separate installations on one machine, one licensed as LR6 and one as LRCC, but I suspect the installer might detect the first copy and not install a second.

What's your reason for wanting both?

Correct. There should be only one version on your hard disk, simply called 'Lightroom'. You can have an older version too on your hard disk (Lightroom 5 for example), but you can't have two different licence versions at the same time.

There is only one code version of LR6/LRCC2015. The differences between the perpetual and the subscription is entirely in the licensing. You did not replace the LR6 code base, you replaced your existing perpetual license with a more fuller featured subscription license which gives you access to LR Mobile and functionality not permitted for perpetual license holder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back