• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The December 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic is just bug fixes and new cameras in this release, but it fixes a whole load of macOS Catalina issues.
    Lightroom (cloud-based service) has export options and direct import on iOS and the ability to contribute photos to someone else's account from the desktop/mobile apps.
    The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Lightroom 6.14

Rob26

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Lightroom 6.14 Permanant License
Operating System
macOS 10.13 High Sierra
After weeks of slow performance I read somewhere about turning of iCloud. So I did and everything so much faster. Other then iCal don't miss it at all.

iMac Mid 2010 with OS 10.13.4

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
That's a new one! Thanks for sharing!

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
After weeks of slow performance I read somewhere about turning of iCloud. So I did and everything so much faster. Other then iCal don't miss it at all.

iMac Mid 2010 with OS 10.13.4
I don’t think the problem is with iCloud. The problem most likely is that the Apple photo app is running in the background and starts up every time you boot up macOS. You can eliminate the start up processes that catalog each photo added to your file system.