Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I am getting this error now very consistently on my established folders and also when I try to import new 'camera roll' photos. I have optimized my library a few times thinking this might 'fix' whatever database or metadata issue it is stumbling upon?

Very troubling. I have about 90,000 photos arraigned in century folders for the 1800s, 1900s, then by decade in the later 1900s till 1980s, then by year from 1990 to 2023. I then have specialty folders for Health and medical reference and pictures, humerous and political stuff, and some work and hobby folders.

I use Lightroom Web Galleries to push this out to my website I have had since the 1980s after I ran a Bulletin Board System for many years. http://www.l-y-n-c-h.com/photo-albums

Additional to the above problem/question. (not sure if this is an original program (6.14) question or a CC/Classic Lightroom question or if there is a Migration area somewhere here I could not find. I might use LightRoom about 3 hours a month, and Photoshop for under 30 minutes a month just touching up photos and cropping (I think LightRoom may even have these simple features. So going to some $500 a year plus crazy storage subscription really makes NO finance or usage sense to me? Although maybe this 'planned' obsolescence or bug is forcing me to make that move?

1) How big a hassle to migrate to one of the online LR products?
2) I have many terabytes of pictures and storage on twin mirrored 8 terabyte NAS boxes on my network. Can I use my local storage and library so I am not putting all my stuff on the web/cloud? That will be $$$$ (lets say 5 terabytes likely)
3) most important - does the new classic and cloud based LightRoom support and have web galleries' and will my galleries have to be recreated (ie the grouped or selected pictures??)

1679754479322.png

1679754523475.png

Solution
I am getting this error now very consistently on my established folders and also when I try to import new 'camera roll' photos.
This might be caused by face tagging no longer working in Lightroom 6.14 (or any perpetual licence version of Lightroom). Does turning off "Automatically detect faces in all photos" in Edit -> Catalog Settings, Metadata tab help?

As @Hal P Anderson says, the Photography plan (20GB) gives you access to Lightroom Classic, Photoshop and the entire cloud Lightroom infrastructure - also Bridge and, IIRC, Premiere Rush. It might be best to plan your migration strategy - the perpetual versions of Lightroom all have broken face detection and, due to server-side changes, broken synchronisation with the...
OK I uploaded this file of my neice, MIL, and my now deceased SIL. I downloaded this file to myself again and called it IMG_3617 test.JPEG and tried to load it in PS 2023 and get the flashing black and white blinking screen.... it never loads.

I can OPEN this in MS friggin loser PAINT and just save it back onto itself. And ALL is fine. The $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ program I have bought for the last decade plus does load a JPEG and the 'free' POS garbage Microsoft junk does and works fine?

In LrC, if you Edit > Catalog Settings... [Ctrl+Alt+comma] You can set the Catalog backup options.
View attachment 20661
I suggest "Every Time Lightroom-Classic Exits"
Then when you Close LrC you get the Backup dialog in which you [CHOOSE] the location for Catalog backups.
Also a good time to [Test Integrity] and [Optimize}] the catalog!
And you can [Skip this time] a backup should you think it unnecessary.,
View attachment 20662
What's new in Lightroom Classic since Lightroom 6? | The Lightroom Queen
AWESOME..... the provebial dictionary without the first letter!!! Just needed to know what nested multi level menu option to find the dialog!!! I am sure I did this with my version 3 through 6 LR software but have no memory of it? THANK YOU!!!

For a 'Flashing White Screen in Photoshop'- Two suggestions have been made in the Adobe Community Forums-

1) Upgrade the Graphics Drivers from the OEM,
or Disable the GPU in Photoshop Preferences > Performance. ie. Uncheck [Use Graphics Processor]
2023-04-10 09_18_46-Clipboard.jpg

2) In Photoshop Preferences > Technology Previews... Check the option to [Disable Native Canvas].
2023-04-10 08_27_56-Solved_ flickering blank screen - Adobe Support Community - 13713792 — Moz...jpg

WELL, of course you EARNED that badge alright!!!! THANK you tons. Turned off the NVIDEA graphics as the easiest option. Worked of course. Dang NEEDLE in a haystack in a tornado......

much appreciated, a game changer.

1681090279383.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back