Lightroom 6.14 on Mac OS future versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

will.lewis2

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I've just received an alert when opening Lightroom 6.14 advising that this app will not work with future Mac OS versions. Does anyone know if Adobe will update the perpetual versions to 64 bit architecture?
Thanks
Will

Hi Will and welcome!

Lightroom 6.14 will run with Catalina as long as it's already installed and activated when you upgrade the OS. The Licensing part of the program is 32-bit and it's that that will not work (so you can't install from scratch as Apple made the decision to make Catalina 64-bit only)

Hi Will and welcome!

Lightroom 6.14 will run with Catalina as long as it's already installed and activated when you upgrade the OS. The Licensing part of the program is 32-bit and it's that that will not work (so you can't install from scratch as Apple made the decision to make Catalina 64-bit only)
So, my macbook (8years old) just died and if I buy a new one with Mojave, re-install LR6 (latest) will it run LR?

So, my macbook (8years old) just died and if I buy a new one with Mojave, re-install LR6 (latest) will it run LR?
Yes. Assuming you have the license for LR6 or registered it with Adobe. But should you then install Catalina and then need to re-install LR6 you can't.

Hi, Paul,
Your information is giving me hope. I have 3 computers running LR 6.14; one has the Sierra OS , one High Sierra, and one Mojave. The alert Will mentioned is one I've seen a number of times lately on all three of my computers, and I must admit I'm anxious. I want to stay with 6.14, so I decided I'd have to stick with the OS's I'm now using--until I ran across this thread.

I'm not sure I fully understand the second sentence in your last post to teambergie: "But should you then install Catalina and then need to re-install LR6 you can't." I gather this means I can upgrade my existing computers to Catalina and LR6.14 will continue to function...BUT if I buy a new computer with Catalina, I will NOT be able to install LR6 from my CD and then upgrade to 6.14 from the Adobe site. Do I have this right?

Thanks for your help.

Richard

Hi Richard

That’s correct. Or if you upgrade the OS on a mac with LR6 running then for any reason want to reinstall LR6 you can’t. Sticking with Mojave or earlier is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back