• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Lightroom 6.14 download

Outerbank10

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version
Operating System
  1. Windows 7
  2. Windows 10
LR 6.14 is installed on my Win 7 computer. I have installed LR 6.0 from the original disk on my new Win 10computer. I would like to upgrade to 6.14 version. Found a link on my Win 7 machine from July 25, 2018 posted by Anthony Marson and answered by several individuals. I have not been able to get to the same page on my Win 10 machine. Which link should be used to download LR version 6.14. Also since version 6.0 has already been installed will the 6.14 link update the 6.0 version?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
LR 6.14 is installed on my Win 7 computer. I have installed LR 6.0 from the original disk on my new Win 10computer. I would like to upgrade to 6.14 version. Found a link on my Win 7 machine from July 25, 2018 posted by Anthony Marson and answered by several individuals. I have not been able to get to the same page on my Win 10 machine. Which link should be used to download LR version 6.14. Also since version 6.0 has already been installed will the 6.14 link update the 6.0 version?

Update version will always update any x.0 or later version. The Last version of Lightroom (Perpetual) is 6.14. If you contact Adobe directly, they should provide toy with a link for this discontinued legacy product. Any prior published update links have been discontinued and are no longer current on the Adobe site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Outerbank10

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
I was able to obtain a download link for LR 6.14 provided by a dpReview website responder. The download worked perfectly replacing the prior install of LR 6.00. So it was not necessary to call Adobe to get the download. Should anyone need the download link, let me know and I will provide the information.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
I was able to obtain a download link for LR 6.14 provided by a dpReview website responder. The download worked perfectly replacing the prior install of LR 6.00. So it was not necessary to call Adobe to get the download. Should anyone need the download link, let me know and I will provide the information.

Unless the link points to an Adobe website location, it is probably bootleg and not legal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Outerbank10

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
The link to the download appears to be legitimate. Here is the address: Adobe Lightroom 6 (CC 2015) Direct Download Links – Free Trials. Now it may be for a trial download of LR 6.14, but I do have the serial number from my original purchase to make it permanent. The Pro Design Tools website also features other Adobe product download links. In any event, if the LR download quits working I can always contact Adobe as suggested. The reason for not contacting Adobe initially is that some individuals who have called Adobe for the same reason came away frustrated as it seems Adobe was not always helpful.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Yes, there's no issue with using downloads from the ProDesignTools web-site. They've been making those downloads available for years, and they are the only site I would recommend for downloads of the older LR versions.

Outerbank10

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
The download of LR 6.14 is working on the Win 10 computer. However, I have yet to locate the list of camera and lens profiles. They are evidently on the computer because they are shown when in "Develop" and going to the "Lens Corrections" portion of LR. Some of the photos were show with Tamron lenses which are shown.
Here are the paths that were followed:
Users>my name>App Data>Local>Adobe>Camera Raw> which then goes to Cache folder and a long list of cache files.
The next path followed was:
Users>my name>App Data>Roaming>Adobe>Camera Raw> this opened a list of the following folders: Camera Profiles, Lens Profile Defaults and Lens Profiles. Nothing is listed under any of these sub folders.

In Win 7 following a similar path an extensive list of both camera and lens profiles are shown. My interest is determining how to add special lens profiles as done in Win 7.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
The second path is the correct location for storing user-created or supplied profiles, so if you haven't added any on that Win10 system the sub-folders would indeed be empty. If you have special lens profiles on the Win7 system, you'd need to copy them to the LensProfiles folder.

Adobe-supplied camera and lens profiles are stored in different locations.

Outerbank10

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Thanks for your reply. Regarding following the path; Users>App Data>Roaming>Adobe>Camera Raw, the following folders appear:
CameraProfiles, Curves, Defaults, GPU, LensProfileDefaults and LensProfiles.

Opening CameraProfiles folder shows "This folder is empty".
The same message appears upon opening LensProfileDefaults and LensProfiles.

Doing the same in Win7 to CameraRaw results in numerous folders including CameraRaw, Lens Profile Creator. Opening the CameraRaw folder shows CameraProfiles, which include a number of profiles I downloaded. Opening the LensProfiles folder brings up a folder designated as 1.0. Opening this folder reveals two additional folders named Fuji 3800 and Sony. Opening the Sony folder shows 4 special LCP lens profiles I downloaded to the computer.

Again in Win 7, clicking on ProgramData>Adobe brings up several folders, one of which is CameraRaw. Clicking on CameraRaw opens 4 additional files respectively as; CameraProfiles, 2 LensProfiles folders and a Settings folder.

Clicking on Camera Profiles now show 3 folders as Adobe Standard, Camera and Index. Opening the Adobe Standard folder reveals an extensive list of various brands of cameras with a file extensions of DCP. Clicking on the Camera folder shows another extensive list of various brands of cameras, including the Sony A77ii camera which I have. Opening this folder reveals 8 camera DCP files such as Camera Clear, Deep, Landscape etc.

Opening one of the Lens Profiles folders shows it is empty. Opening the second Lens Profiles folder shows a folder named 1.0 and another named Index. Clicking on the 1.0 folder shows an extensive alphabetical list of cameras including Sony. Opening the Sony folder now reveals a number of Sony lenses, including those that I use.

Now following the same path on the Win 10 machine; ProgramData>Adobe, it brings up 4 folders as AAMUpdater, CameraRaw, Lightroom and SLStore. Clicking on CameraRaw shows "This folder is empty.

I apologize for this lengthy post, but I didn't know how else to describe the situation I am encountering. That is, locating the camera and lens profiles on the Win 10 computer as I am able to do on the Win 7 computer. I know the profiles are on the Win 10 computer because they do appear in LR when editing raw photos. The only profiles that do not show up are the special camera profiles I created in the past which were downloaded to the Win 7 computer and have yet to be added to the Win 10 computer.

The other issue is not being able to open the Application data folder on the Win 10 computer. Clicking on the folder shows, "C:\ProgramData\Application Data is not accessible. Access denied.

Evidently, these profiles are located elsewhere on the Win 10 computer. My question is, where?

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Why does it matter where the default Adobe Camera and Lens profiles are stored? As long as Lightroom itself knows where they are that's probably all that matters, as there's nothing much you can do with them even if you did find them. However you could also try looking in Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Lightroom/Resources.

If you want to add your own Camera or Lens profiles you need to add them to the respective folders in AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Camera Raw.

Outerbank10

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
You have solved the problem of not being able to find the data. Using your directions for looking in Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Lightroom/Resources was the ticket. I did find all the information. It's odd that the identical information was available by other means in Win 7, while not available through the same path in Win 10. Clicking on Program Data in Win 7 showed the path to all of the data, while Program Data on the Win 10 computer was a dead end. In any event, you provided the path to the information. Does it matter? Yes it does as it's important to fully comprehend the operating system. My next plans are to download the special camera/lens profiles to the Win 10 computer. Thanks again for your help.