Lightroom 6.14 - download source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrantDixon

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I want to load LR 6.14 to a Windows 10 laptop but the current Adobe legacy link, when installed, provides only 6.0, and trties to force me to Creative Cloud. Where or how can I download and install 6.14?

Thanks for help, Victoria and Jim!
I did manage to download and install lightroom 6.14 now, yeaay!

Though I again ran into the problem that it wouldn't sign me in to adobe, claiming I don't have internet connection (which I have). I had same issue yesterday when using my old 6.0 installer, but then it gave me the option to do this offline using procedure described at adobe.com/go/getactivated
This time this option to generate offline response key was not available during installation of 6.14, and I hope my lightroom will not get disabled after 7 days.. if it does, I will probably have to wipe it and try again.

I would already sign up for CC, even though I don't use lightroom often enough to justify the subscription, but my old mac is not compatible with system requirements, and at the moment I am not ready to change it.
Could be an out of date certificate perhaps?

My computer failed and I had to reinstall everything. Lightroom 6.14 was gone. Installing from the CD ("perpetual" license) installed 6.0. No update to 6.14 available. I contacted Adobe (chat). After 3 hours conversation asking for a link to fix things, all I got was a promisse of 6 months free subscrition. I don't like subscription bussiness model and that is the reason I bought a perpetual license anyawys. Shame on Adobe, by all means. It is the first time I see a software company forcing you to use a previous version, when it already gave you the right to use a more advanced one. Shame on Adobe. I was quite happy with my 6.14 version and, honestly, I think tehy did that because it was already so powerful that many people would not need to go subscription. So, I think this was a quite stingy move of Adobe. But... no worries ... there is hope. Go to this site: How to download Adobe Lightroom 6 (hidden link) - Photo Rumors. You probably will be pleased. I know for sure I have the right to have version 6.14.

I remember from other threads, and my own experience, that 6.14 and older are falling apart:
There are little parts of third parties in it (e.g. Face Detection), that are no longer supported by the third parties, and thus are not working anymore in LTR6 and older.

There are some parts that no longer work, things have moved on a lot with third-parties. Map and Face are a couple, and of course any cameras since the end of 2017 (when 6.14, the last version, was released). Also, you can't install on later Apple OS (Catalina on) as Apple made a change and only permits install of 64-bit Apps.

However, there are a lot that are quite happy with the Library, Develop, Print functions in 6.14.

> "However, there are a lot that are quite happy with the Library, Develop, Print functions in 6.14."

That is me!!! For me nothing is broken in 6.14! I can add a lot with plug ins and presets. I get the job done.

> "However, there are a lot that are quite happy with the Library, Develop, Print functions in 6.14."

That is me!!! For me nothing is broken in 6.14! I can add a lot with plug ins and presets. I get the job done.

You need to be prepared though. Sometime in the future, technological advances in hardware and operating systems will make your legacy software completely obsolete.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have it and tried it. Good stuff but not near LTR.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back