Lightroom 6.14 and Lightroom Classic on same PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntso

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have searched on Google and here for a definitive answer to this question, still not seen anything concrete
Some say its ok if you make sure delete old version isn't selected
Then again I have seen it said that it conflicts and converts the perpetual version to CC.2015
I am not worried about the catalogue, that's easily saved, its the actual operation that is of concern to me.
Knowing the problems to get LR6 updated to 6.14 if uninstalled/reinstalled I don't want to take a chance it will be ok.

Also seen it said both work if you buy outright rather than go down the trial route.
One other issue I wondered about is would it be advisable to use a new Adobe ID for a trial version?
So many different answers to one question, can you help please?

Thanks in anticipation

AFAIK, you can not have a subscription to Lightroom Classic and a perpetual version of Lightroom 6 on the same machine. The perpetual version will indeed change to Lightroom CC2015. The question is why that would matter. It still means you can run both versions on the same machine, and in fact you get a bonus because Lightroom CC2015.14 has features that Lightroom 6.14 does not have.

Thank you
Last question is what happens if I decide against paying the subscription after the trial period ends.
Will Lightroom CC2015.14 remain fully functional as a standalone in the same way LR6.14 did before being changed?

Thank you
Last question is what happens if I decide against paying the subscription after the trial period ends.
Will Lightroom CC2015.14 remain fully functional as a standalone in the same way LR6.14 did before being changed?
Not automatically, but I believe you can reset it back to Lightroom 6.

Without being rude, but " AFAIK "and "I believe" looks to me like still no definitive answer to this question.
It doesn't make me too keen on taking a chance with the risk of losing my LR 6.14 in its present form.

I consulted the same thing about a month ago with Adobe support. I have receipt a reply that the LR 6 perpetual license and the LR Clasic + Photoshop subscription plan will run smoothly on the same machine. Unfortunately I did not save the conversation with Adobe support. I am not sure about the competence of the person who provided me with support and therefore I do not have the courage to try it

many thanks for yor experience.

I am interested in the possibility of dual work in perpetua l license LR 6 and subcription LR Clasic + PS because I assume that LR Clasic works Map module but mainly that it is possible softproofing for ICC profiles in CMYK format (was canceled in LR6 in circa 2017 ).

Can anyone confirm that the current version of LR Clasic supports softproofing for CMYK profiles?

I am an ethusiaric photographer - rentier. For my work is LR 6 sufficient and it seems to me a waste of money to pay 12 € per month. Apart from the functionality of the Map module, there are no essential functions for me in LR Clasic. But CMYK softproofing would be greatly appreciated. I am creating regular photo books and have an accessible ICC CMYK profile fot used professional printer. Using softproofing would significantly increase the quality of my photo books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back