Status
Not open for further replies.

35Milly

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
6.x
Win10, LR 6.1. 64 bit.

Does LR automatically create a crash report? I had a series of program crashes that brought up a popup requesting LR to be closed. It happened when moving from Catalog to Develop and I wondered if had been recorded somewhere.

I was about to post this as unresolved problem but tried once more with another file in the catalogue and it worked correctly, moved to the file that 'caused' the crash and it worked too !!! ???

Thanks

The most likely cause is the GPU drive for your graphics card.

Begin by disabling the GPU acceleration in LR preferences on the Performance tab. This should solve your crashing problem.
If you are not running LR6.1.1, you can update to that version here. Adobe has also introduced a 6.2.1 update. But most are considering this to be unstable and recommend to stay with 6.1.1 and wait for 6.3.
The third thing that you can do is to make sure that you are running the latest Video card driver. AMD video card have been at the front of the line for being buggy. There is more help on that here.
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html

If you reply for more help on this issue, please navigate to the LR help menu and click on the System Info submenu item and paste the contents of that into your reply. This has specific information about your particular GPU which can be used to give detailed help.

Thanks for quick reply. I have had problems with a GPU update before and had to backtrack for stability so your answer seems very possible.

Graphics Processor Info: GeForce GTX 860M/PCIe/SSE2
Check OpenGL support: Passed
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 355.60
Renderer: GeForce GTX 860M/PCIe/SSE2
LanguageVersion: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

I believe the driver has been updated again so I will try that, along with 6.1.1, if that is not stable I will do as you suggest and uncheck it in LR

Thanks

I believe the driver has been updated again so I will try that, along with 6.1.1, if that is not stable I will do as you suggest and uncheck it in LR
Version 6.1.1 is fine. It is version 6.2.1 that is buggy.

Here is the link to the latest nVidia drivers. I'm not current on Windows drivers and whether the latest driver fixes the problem \. There are others that can speak to this point better than I.
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back