• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Den

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
It's finally here. Downloaded the standalone upgrade just now.

So Adobe go back on their word. No more updates to the stand alone version after v 6. Not what they said a year ago. Once they've got everyone on the CC they'll Jack the price up.

So Adobe go back on their word. No more updates to the stand alone version after v 6.

I must have missed it, where is stated that there'll be no more updates to the perpetual license version?

So Adobe go back on their word. No more updates to the stand alone version after v 6. Not what they said a year ago. Once they've got everyone on the CC they'll Jack the price up.

Where exactly are you finding that Andrew? They'll base that decision on customer feedback... if customers still want perpetual, they'll still offer perpetual.

I'll have a look for the link.

My CC is still saying i am up to date with version 5, does not mention anything about v6.

He's phrased it badly. It doesn't mean there will or won't be a Lightroom 7. He means they can add new features in dot releases for subscribers but not for perpetual licenses.

My CC is still saying i am up to date with version 5, does not mention anything about v6.

It's just taking time to update around the world. Lots of people dying to download!

I don't think they will "jack the price up". Adobe has stated that they have no intention of raising the price of the photographer's CC package in the foreseeable future. People need to remember that Lr was a $300 application when it was first released and since then the price has gone down by 50%. The CC deal is wonderful.

On another note LrCC has not shown up on my cloud application. Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue.

They also said it would be available stand alone 'for the forseeable future'. Hopefully Mr Kelby's interpretation is wrong as Victoria suggests.

Is the v 6 actually available now to download? No betas or anyting? I'd want a stand alone upgrade from 5.7 Is there a link to buy and download in the UK - the link above is US and will not accept my account.

Last edited:
No public beta this time - the whole cloud sync thing makes that risky. It wiped out 18k of my GPS data in one build!

Go to adobe.com/uk, Menu>All Products, scroll down to find Lightroom 6.

Not working - I click upgrade - from 5.7 - add to cart - and it says cart empty!

EDIT:: not working in Firefox - works in IE :(

Last edited:
They're having some website issues at the moment... lots of excitable people!

Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

I've got it downloading now! :) Not excited at all! ;)

Logging off & back on in the CC App manager or restarting the CC App manger will sometimes get the new updates to show up.

Victoria or Cletus,

I currently use Lightrrom 5.7 stand alone. I have been waiting to switch to Lightroom and Photoshop CC until after LR ver 6 is released. With the release of LR ver 6, I would like to switch now to take advantage of the great new features. I have several questions;

1. I have numerous plug-ins that I have purchased and currently use in 5.7 (Jeffrey Friedl's , Nik collection, On One , etc.). How will I transfer those to the new version of LR6 that I download form Adobe CC?
2. What is the best way to transfer my preferences and presetsto the new version? I also use a custom identity plate.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Just installed it through CC panel. But it won't start. The button lights for 10 seconds or so in the taskbar, then turns off (Windows 8.1).

I found some instructions about deleting the LR 5 preferences file and then retrying. I did that, but still it's a no go. Very disappointing.

ETA: I just tried uninstalling Lightroom CC 2015 from the CC desktop app figuring I'd try a reinstall. It came up and asked if I wanted to delete preferences. I said no. And then it basically said Uninstall failed...try again. Yes, Failed.

Another ETA: Adobe CC desktop could not uninstall. But I went to Windows Control Panel and it uninstalled fine. Now trying a reinstall, with only a glimmer of hope in me.

Last edited:
Having the same issue...

I seem to be having the same problem. I am hesitant to uninstall LR 5.7 as I am doing work right now in it. I have uninstalled LR cc and turned of Virus protection and tried several other items but to no avail. It just won't open on my laptop. I am hopeful that it is an issue that is fixed quickly. Glad to know it isn't just me.

Has anyone figured out which plugins will work and won't at this point?

Just installed it through CC panel. But it won't start. The button lights for 10 seconds or so in the taskbar, then turns off (Windows 8.1).

I found some instructions about deleting the LR 5 preferences file and then retrying. I did that, but still it's a no go. Very disappointing.

ETA: I just tried uninstalling Lightroom CC 2015 from the CC desktop app figuring I'd try a reinstall. It came up and asked if I wanted to delete preferences. I said no. And then it basically said Uninstall failed...try again. Yes, Failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back