• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Develop module Lightroom 5 shuts down- Mac Os High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuik

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
5.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 5.6.
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hello everybody!
i'm new here. my problem is that whenever i try to use the color palette n the Develop module my Lightroom 5 shuts down. I have a MacBook Pro, with the operative system : Mac Os Sierra High. I tried for days to resolve this problem by creating a new catalogue, changing the users permissions, etc. but nothing changes. I read somewhere that exists another option that is to uncheck the use GPU box by going to ''Lightroom-Preferences- performance'' but there's no way to find the ''performance'' box. i don't know what to do. i feel so desperate abut this specially that i have to do a reportage n the birthday of my nephew... please help me. Thanks a lot

Lightroom 5 does not have the Performance tab in the preferences. It does not use the GPU for anything. That functionality was added in later versions. Your biggest problem might be that Lightroom 5 is not compatible with MacOS X High Sierra. It may work, and then again it may not.

Lightroom 5 is no longer supported with updates from Adobe. This means that modern operating systems like High Sierra may not be compatible with the version of Lightroom as old is yours. Your option really should be to upgrade to at least Lightroom 6.14 if you want to standalone version Or move on over to the subscription version, Lightroom Classic.

Lightroom 5 is no longer supported with updates from Adobe. This means that modern operating systems like High Sierra may not be compatible with the version of Lightroom as old is yours. Your option really should be to upgrade to at least Lightroom 6.14 if you want to standalone version Or move on over to the subscription version, Lightroom Classic.
Thank you for the reply.
But when I open lightroom i see a message saying that new software for lightroom is available 5.7.
Another thing, I don't understand what you mean by the options that I can get as an alternative.

Enviado desde mi WAS-LX1A mediante Tapatalk

new software for lightroom is available 5.7.
The last (free) update to the Lightroom 5.X version is LR5.7. For a version that will run on High Sierra you will need to purchase the upgrade to LR6.x and install LR6.14. LR6.14 is the last upgrade to the LR6.x product and the last standalone product that you can purchase. To get a current version of LR you need to purchase a subscription which will keep you current with LR7.x (Lightroom Classic) and also the cloud based version LRCC1.x and PhotoshopCC. At USD $10/month for these three products (and more) the subscription is a bargain.

The last (free) update to the Lightroom 5.X version is LR5.7. For a version that will run on High Sierra you will need to purchase the upgrade to LR6.x and install LR6.14. LR6.14 is the last upgrade to the LR6.x product and the last standalone product that you can purchase. To get a current version of LR you need to purchase a subscription which will keep you current with LR7.x (Lightroom Classic) and also the cloud based version LRCC1.x and PhotoshopCC. At USD $10/month for these three products (and more) the subscription is a bargain.
Alright, now I understand. Thank you very much for your reply.

I had the same problem with 5.7 on High Sierra. Certain things would work and then when you clicked on other things it would crash. I upgraded to 6.14 and all looks good.

I had the same problem with 5.7 on High Sierra. Certain things would work and then when you clicked on other things it would crash. I upgraded to 6.14 and all looks good.
I think I will do the same. Thank you for your reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back