• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom 5 no longer importing from camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianxerri

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Hi, a few weeks back I posted a question about why my Lightroom 5 program was no longer allowing me to import photos from my iMac desktop. Someone kindly explained to me that Lightroom 5 is ancient and hence the problem. I get that but am not ready to subscribe to a new version just yet. Someone then also kindly told me to move the images from my Desktop to a folder and success! Now I am having the same issue trying to import directly from a Fuji XT-1 to Lightroom 5. The camera is no longer showing up as an source in LR5. Any suggestions on THIS one please?

Okay, 5.7 is good. But iOS update - not sure how that relates? Do you mean macOS? In which case check the permissions, that's the probable cause.

Sorry Pau, I meant macOS. Running Catalina 10.15.4. I had a look in SYSTEMS PREFERENCES (that what you meant?) and could not find anything called REMOVABLE DRIVES however.

It should be under Files and Folders (as per the Blog) - I would also expect when you connect the camera it (Catalina) should ask for permission.

Sorry Paul, I am struggling following your suggestion. I can't see anything under System Preferences called Files and Folders and have done an overall search on the iMac for that term and Removable Drives without luck. Are you able to point me to where it would be please? And no, Catalina has never asked for permission when the XT-1 has been connected to it via cable. The XT-1 just allows appeared (in the past) in LR as a source.

Brian

Check the Blog - it has a screenshot of it. Mac System Preferences > Security & privacy > Privacy tab > Files and Folders.

Outside of that, can you see the camera when connected in Finder? If not maybe it's nothing to do with Lr but actually a cable / connection issue.

Hey Paul. So sorry...I kept asking questions and finally I realised the blog you were talking about that was there! Nuff Nuff I am. So, I did check and all was checked but then tried a cable change and job done! That was it. Thanks so much for your help. Really appreciate it!

Excellent, right result at the end of the day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back