Rolenz

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
5.x
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Gidday, Being an older bloke. Aside from age and no technology based background, I also have issues with memory retention/learning. Battle on regardless, watching a video then applying what has been shown, frustration beyond belief. Getting to the heart of this, after finding The ' Lightroom Queen', progress seemed within reach. My reason for writing this is for those who have issues with memory/application. As you can see I am working with No. 5. It has taken several years to be able to get to work with the program. Background, dodgy work by a "Tech", put me behind, lost faith in getting any work done, repairs,on my computer. So along the way I was still taking lots of photo's, updating camera's. Learning their ways, climbing over the hurdles. Then started getting serious about using lightroom. So after weeks of reading Victoria's work, taking notes, going back and reading again. I opened LR 5 and started, it was a heart pumping exercise, okay for some that may seem funny. When you struggle with memory issues, 2 + 2 can end up adding up to 93. The way Victoria explains the layout, the way LR works, what it does and doesn't do seemed a lot like scrambled spagetti at first. After opening the program, sitting there getting familiar with the home screen, I started using Victoria's instructions, going back and forwards a couple of times. Using an older file of photo's reduced the risk ( for me), of loosing the images. I was astounded with the difference the program made to what I thought were fairly well developed images. Since the work I have done, has only reinforced that opinion. At this point I feel I need to work on the workflow for a while before I could consider myself a beginner. With the help of 'The Lightroom Queen', I am gaining confidence in continuing to improve my images with LR5. If any doubts are holding you back, re technology with relation to your photography. Take your time read through the information available on this site, you can only move forward, ask questions here, it is not as scary as you think.
In Closing, I would like to sincerely thank Victoria for the work and effort she has put into supplying the information she has made available, for people like me to be able to use Lightroom. Thank you, I will continue to recommend and support your efforts.

Keep at and you will get there. Of all the software I have ever used Lightroom is without doubt one on the most difficult to grasp as a beginner. It uses different terminology and works in a completely different way to other "photo editing" software. Don't be afraid to just play around with all the sliders and features and experiment to see what they all do and how they affect your photos. It is all non destructive and reversible. Good luck.

Thanks Mark, I keep notes, in my handwriting and style I can keep track of what I wish to achieve. Once I commit myself to something I don't give in easily. So with time I believe I will make progress. It's the steps along the way. Interesting to hear you say it is one of the most difficult to grasp, had thought it was just part of my issues. Aside form the net I don't have a support group to work with, so I plod on. Appreciate your comments. Cheers.

That's lovely, thanks for sharing Rolenz. Sounds like you're doing great, and you're welcome to join in the conversations here whenever you get stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back