Ian.B

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 5
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hello, long time since I needed your help and I'm too far behind to offer you much help
Win10 PC /Lr5
Sorry; I hate trying to explain such problems.
In the recent past I could open a tiff / jpeg into Affinity from Lr >save but not close with Ap adjustments >change colour label to purple in Lr >go back to Ap > edit more / save back to Lr and the file will still have the purple label; and any edits I had added in Lr .

But now; the purple label (or any colour) will revert but to the original label colour (usually yellow) and any LR edits to the tiff / jpeg file will disappear .
Keywords are not affected
I'm not mixing up the Edit original/copy/with Lr adjustments
What has changed ?
Likely make a sense as double dutch in a Chinese shop in India :)

Cheers -- keep safe

No one has any ideas ??

And a day later another week behind
:(
. All worked well (few hours) until Lr started playing games again with no rhyme or reason .
Looking like put up with it or remove Lr and reinstall sometime when I'm in a good mood because of the so much that can go wrong . The real stupid part is I still need my Lr4 AND Lr5 numbers . Not sure I would continue my photography "as is" if I didn't have my old annoying but faithful Lr5 . Have tried a few others but getting too old (not really) to learn another (lesser) app

I'm still open to your thoughts / ideas / suggestions

Cheers

Probably the reason that you are not getting help is that Lightroom 5 is so far out of date than no one here can confidently respond to your problem. The Current version of Lightroom is Version 10.3. And it is called Lightroom Classic because there is another cloud based Adobe app called Lightroom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well, I do still have LR5 installed (and it still sort of works on my WIn10 system), but I've never used (or even installed Affinity), so I'm afraid I can't help. But given that LR5 hasn't (obviously) changed in years, I'd have thought you should be posting on the Affinity forum.

Thanks Clee and Jim; great to know you are still able to pass on your extensive LR knowledge.
Very true Clee; it is an old program but still does what I need for organizing and first edits of my happy snaps -- this problem is more of an annoyance than anything . Likely started over 12 months ago when Lr5 alzheimer's disease affected ''sort'' -- better Lr than me having dementia :whistling:.
I have asked the same question in the Affinity forum and was given a few ideas to explore --- none of which seem to make any difference without perhaps changing work flow

I appreciate your time ; keep safe in this crazy world
BTW Jim; time to get modern and use Affinity Photo :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back