• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

lightroom 5.7 error 0xC00007b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaindallas

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
My Desktop: WIN 7 Pro, I3, 8GB RAM, 3x1To DD (I run Photoshop CS5 just fine)
I was running Lightroom V4, It was working fine until April 2015, since then it won't start and shows the 0xC000007b error. I applied the dll repair process to fix it, but nothing changed. I then installed V5.7, with exactly the same problem. I uninstalled all the C++ libraries and reinstalled each, one by one from MS site, still the same error. Do you have a solution? Thanks.:crazy:

MS support reinstall Windows(twice), they ran: ESET, Rogue killer, Adwcleaner, Junkware removal tool, Iobit, reinstall LR, ran Tweaking.com and still the problem remains. They tried selective start, they disabled my Norton 360 and reinstalled LR. They offer a radical solution: reinstall Windows from scratch, which would erase everything from my PC, I don't want to go this way since there is always a chance to loose erronously some important data. I'd rather live without LR...
On my side I've done everything described in the link given by Victoria, which is the standart response at the 0xC000007b problem, but this procedure did not solve the error. Until March LR V4 was running fine on my PC.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I wonder if rolling back the registry to a saved point prior to March would be an option. Other than updates, have you installed many programs since March?

--Ken

Ken,
Unfortunately I have no registry save as old as February. I can't remember having install a new program since March. I got that same error with Nero 2014 which was also working fine. Nero support said it was a MS issue and they offer me for free the new Nero 2015, which works fine now. MS support could not help me except reinstalling WIN 7 from scratch.
Alain

I wonder if you could roll back/uninstall Windows updates, but is not really a solution as much as a troubleshooting technique.

--Ken

Something obviously changed on your computer in March. You don't happen to have downloaded a program called Livid? That was at the root of most of the reports.

Something obviously changed on your computer in March. You don't happen to have downloaded a program called Livid? That was at the root of most of the reports.

Sorry for the delay, I'd family problem which kept me far from my PC.
No, I never install Livid, which caused problem to many.
Just to check, I installed the LR CC trial version and it runs fine.!
But I don't want to pay for an upgrade that I don't really need.
I'm thinking to switch to WIN 10, may be it will solve my problem, I wonder.

Let us know how you get on then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back