• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom 5.3 on Mac Pro 2013- Importing problem from iPhone 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary Ann

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I just got Lightroom 5 as well as the Mac Pro 2013. I plugged my iPhone to import photos as usual and it quits after importing 5 pictures. I tried it several times and it always imports 5 new pictures, no matter how many pictures or movies I have selected. Then Lightroom freezes or it just sits on the import window.

I thought maybe that catalog had an issue so I tried a new catalog. It did the same thing. Imports 5 pictures and then is stuck.

I then opened iPhoto to import from my iPhone thinking the iPhone or the cord was the problem and iPhoto imported everything perfectly. So obviously this issue is specific to Lightroom. I really don't understand why it imports exactly 5 pictures just fine and then quits. I am on Lightroom 5.3 so everything is up to date.

Any thoughts?[/FONT]

Mary Ann,

Are they always the same 5 photos? If that's the case, you might be having trouble with the sixth.

Do you have any other non-essential devices connected to your Mac? Try disconnecting them and try again.

Are any of your disks more than 80% (or so) full?

Finally, deleting your Preferences file might help. That can clear up strange problems sometimes. See here:
http://www.lightroomqueen.com/commu...(or-Trashing-)-the-Lightroom-Preferences-file

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! I will try that. It was different pictures. I think it maybe had something to do with the .mov files. It seems to possibly get hung up when it encountered that. I was always able to import my .mov files into previous versions of Lightroom from my iPhone but it doesn't seem to want to do that with Lightroom 5. I can't even figure out how to download the movie files from my iPhone now that Lightroom won't do it.

Just to clarify, my iPhone does show up in the LR import dialog, just not in the Mac Pro Finder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back