• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom 5.2 catalog is corrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjmajkwu

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
5.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 5.2
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hello,
Newbie to the forums here. I am in a bind. My Lightroom5.2 catalog is corrupted, so it tries to repair. Then, it will say, "Temporarily unable to repair corrupted catalog." So I click exit. I have never had this problem before, so I do not know what to do. I am attaching a screenshot. Can someone please help? I have about 20,000 images on this catalog, and unfortunately, the last backup is from Oct. 2020. I am using Windows 10. I am not computer-tech savvy, so please help. Eternally grateful.

Attachments

• bad catalog.JPG
    bad catalog.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 110
If the catalog file is not repairable, the your only option is to use the lease backup catalog file of October 2020.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you. My last backup is Nov 2020. I am desperately hoping my corrupted one dated June 2021 can be repaired. I have the catalog in a zip drive that can be emailed if anyone can please take a look. Unfortunately, I just don't have enough tech background/familiarity to be able to do this. Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back