• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom 4 External Editing Issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpeshots

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
The Edit with Photoshop dialog used to pop up asking if I wanted to edit with all the Lightroom4 adjustments that were done to the file.
That dialog doesn't come up any more and the UNEDITED file is what appears in Photoshop CS5 MINUS any of the Lightroom4 adjustments.
No idea why.
Any help would be appreciated, there's nothing in the preferences menu.

Many Thanks,

Sharpeshots

Welcome to the forums, Sharpeshots :)

I suspect you have not installed ACR 6.7RC (see here). If you haven't, the ACR version of your CS5 is not compatible with the ACR in LR4, and you would usually be asked to specify how to proceed, because ACR6.6 cannot understand all adjustments performed in LR4. If you don't get this dialog, you might want to try "Reset all Warning Dialogs" in Preferences->General.

Beat

Actually, i just installed LR 4 last night and ORIGINALLY it asked on each image if i wanted to include the LR adjustments...
For some reason it just QUIT doing so.
I tried resetting the warning dialogs, thanks, but it doesn't bring that one back....

Perhaps if I READ....

It says: Open anyway or Render Using Lightroom.
Easy Peasy if you take a second to THINK.
Thanks for the help, I've got it figured.

It says: Open anyway or Render Using Lightroom.
Easy Peasy if you take a second to THINK.
Thanks for the help, I've got it figured.

This is what I would have expected. Open anyway means passing the adjustments from LR4 to ACR6.6, even though ACR6.6 might not understand (and therefore ignore) some of the adjustments. Render using LR means rendering a TIFF in LR with ALL the LR4 adjustments included, and passing the TIFF to CS5.

Beat

This is what I would have expected. Open anyway means passing the adjustments from LR4 to ACR6.6, even though ACR6.6 might not understand (and therefore ignore) some of the adjustments. Render using LR means rendering a TIFF in LR with ALL the LR4 adjustments included, and passing the TIFF to CS5.

Beat

Hi both, and thanks for the question and the support!

I had the same thing (but I read the dialog box :bluegrin:) and first thought that "Open anyway" was the way to go... but Surprise! No way! It definitely doesn't understand the adjustments :crazy:

What surprises me is that I've ACR 6.7 and the difference is quite remarkable... even if there are no adjustments in LR4, when exporting to CS5 "Opening anyway" you get a complete messed up picture. I now know the way to go is rendering but if it in the end the ACR versions of LR4 & CS5 get matched/paired/married do you think it will be worth trying "opening anyway?" If it's not the case, what could be the point in having two options?

Thanks in advance!

BRs,

pAk

pAk,

As far as I understand (but I'm not a CS5 user), ACR6.7RC should be compatible with LR4, so open anyway should reflect all changes performed in LR4 and behave nicely. What do you mean by "completely messed up"? Are you sure your CS5 is in fact using ACR6.7RC?

I'm sure some Guru using CS5 will be able to help you.

Beat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back