• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Lightroom 4/6 windows version to mac?

schooner

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
4.x
Lightroom Version
Lightroom 6
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
A few months ago my Dell Windows7 computer died. In the meantime I came across a 2012 MacBook pro. I went to the Adobe site hoping to download a mac version of LR 6. But there are no longer any versions supported. I have a windows disk for LR 4 which I upgraded to 6 online. I was wondering if there is any way to get this to work on the mac. Thanks for any information . schooner

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic

schooner

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
4.x
Thank you very much Jim. I downloaded LR6 and installed it. All seemed well, except during the validation process it said that they were unable to connect to the internet, which seemed strange because I had just been to my email to retrieve a confirmation Number. They said if I didn't do it within seven days Lr would stop working. Keep my fingers crossed.

schooner

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
4.x
So now when I open LR it says to sign in to Adobe account. When I do a dialogue comes up Serial Number Validation, Please connect to the internet to validate your serial number. When I press validate nothing happens. I press connect later and I am in LR . When I check my account there is no longer any mention of my previous Lightroom purchases. Thanks for any help