Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
4.x
Lightroom Version
Lightroom 6
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
A few months ago my Dell Windows7 computer died. In the meantime I came across a 2012 MacBook pro. I went to the Adobe site hoping to download a mac version of LR 6. But there are no longer any versions supported. I have a windows disk for LR 4 which I upgraded to 6 online. I was wondering if there is any way to get this to work on the mac. Thanks for any information . schooner

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic

schooner

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
4.x
Thank you very much Jim. I downloaded LR6 and installed it. All seemed well, except during the validation process it said that they were unable to connect to the internet, which seemed strange because I had just been to my email to retrieve a confirmation Number. They said if I didn't do it within seven days Lr would stop working. Keep my fingers crossed.

schooner

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
4.x
So now when I open LR it says to sign in to Adobe account. When I do a dialogue comes up Serial Number Validation, Please connect to the internet to validate your serial number. When I press validate nothing happens. I press connect later and I am in LR . When I check my account there is no longer any mention of my previous Lightroom purchases. Thanks for any help