Lightroom 4.4 for Mac crashing at launch with "unexpectedly quit" error

Status
Not open for further replies.

rj85

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
while i have seen other have had this error I can't seem to find a solution anywhere. I'm running Mavericks (10.9.2). I've tried deleting preferences and also reinstalling to no avail. Is anyone able to help please? It might be worth mentioning I haven't used LR in some months and I do run my catalogue off an external HD however never had any issues until now ...

Thanks so much in advance!

Thanks Mark. Looking forward to making use of the forums for actual LR info once I get it running again!

I did this and quite a bit was logged actually. Of interest most interest I think was "... job appears to have crashed: Segmentation fault: 11". Any idea what this means and how I fix it? There was quite a lot of other stuff logged as well ...

A segmentation fault is generally a programming error, where a program is trying to access a bit of memory that it doesn't have permission to access. In other words, most commonly caused by a bug.

It is conceivable that it's caused not by Lightroom, but by some plug-in -- you might try disabling your plug-ins by moving the files elsewhere so Lightroom won't be able to find them at launch.

In order to get more specifics on the probable bug, it would help to see the rest of the messages that were logged. Most likely we won't be able to help you much here, if the cause is indeed a bug; you should report it on Adobe's official bug report forum -- there's a link to it in the grey bar at the top of this page. Be sure to include the complete set of log messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back