• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom 3 book

Status
Not open for further replies.

sampras

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
3.x
Operating System: Mac OSX Yosemite
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): Lightroom 3

Can anyone out there suggest a good comprehensive book to read on Lightroom 3? Thanks for your help

Perhaps Victoria has some old inventory about?

I think I still have one or two in the loft (UK), but they're still available through Amazon as print on demand anyway.

That said, LR3 is donkeys years old now and wasn't supported on Yosemite even then. If you're just starting out, I might think about upgrading to Lightroom 6, if you don't fancy a subscription, as that'll keep you going even when you need to upgrade your OS.

Thanks all for your help.
I can't upgrade to 6 because my laptop doesnt have enough memory to upload it, I would have to buy a new laptop.
Have a good holiday.

Thanks all for your help.
I can't upgrade to 6 because my laptop doesnt have enough memory to upload it, I would have to buy a new laptop.
Have a good holiday.

Are you talking about RAM or Disk space? Either can be quite easily and inexpensive to upgrade. I suggest you go to Crucial.com and use the Crucial Advisor tool on the left of their home page and see what they can do for you.

Replacing the RAM should take about 10 minutes and pretty much anyone can do it. Replacing the hard drive is a bit more involved and depending on your comfort with working with computer equipment you may want to hire a tech person to do that for you.

-louie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back