• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Import Lightroom 3.6 to Lightroom 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdiBigG

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
3.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom version: 3.6 [795620]
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi All
Can any one please help me? I have been using Aperture since 2006 and love it, I did an upgrade on my MacBook Pro to Mojave 10.14.6. When I open up Aperture it says that on the next upgrade Aperture will not work. I have a legitimate copy of Lightroom3 which I have upgraded to 3.6. The problem that I have is I cannot see my .NEF files from my Nikon D4.
I know that Adobe has stopped selling Lightroom6 stand alone download but I have found a shop that has a Lightroom 6 DVD for sale. If I purchase this DVD and install it over the top of 3.6 will I be able to view all my Nikon D4 .NEF files for editing. Any help would be much appreciated.

Graham

Yes, LR 6.x will read the raw files from a D4. Personally, I'd get the subscription-based Lightroom Classic. LR 6 is already crippled in its map module, and will only get more feeble as you continue to update your Mac operating system.

It won't install OVER LR3, it installs in addition to the existing LR3 install. However, just like Aperture, LR6 will have issues with Catalina....specifically the installer is still 32-bit so will not function on Catalina. If you get it installed BEFORE you upgrade your OS it should run fine (though already hobbled as Hal points out), but you'll not be able to re-install it in the event you needed to.

Thank you for all your replies I would prefer to buy outright rather than pay on a monthly basis, I don’t do a lot of photo work any more. I just want to be able to export all my Aperture projects into LR6 as a backup and learn LR6

You can't get LR6 at Adobe anymore. B&H photo still has the DVD but only ships within the USA. You can try Amazon, etc. Make sure to get a valid one with a license. Who knows what version it will be. Latest is version 14 and the last update was in December of 2017. I don't think you can update at Adobe's site any longer but if you have a valid license they will provide the update.

I have read that if you upgrade to Catalina it will run but you won't be able to re-install it. The install app is 32 bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back