• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lightroom 3.2.1 on Mac Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.

imwava

Lightroom Version Number
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.2.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
I'm a newbie here, 70-year old amateur photographer who has been using Lightroom for a couple of years now. I'm pretty computer savvy, but I don't understand this new version of Lightroom. All the tools are gone, there is no way to add my watermark, I can't get my photos from the other version, etc. I've watched videos and the directions and screen shots just don't match my version of Lightroom. Something is missing. I can't find help anywhere, and I stumbled upon this website -- hopefully someone here can help me. As an example, the directions below for inserting the Lightroom version...don't exist on my version. The system info line is greyed out. Frustrated!!!

If you used Lightroom before it's most likely you used the Classic version of Lightroom instead of the Cloudy. You can download and install it from the Adobe Creative Cloud App. Or do you want to move to Cloudy version? Some options are still missing indeed.

You are probably a victim of Adobe's poor choice of names for things. "Lightroom" is the new app that keeps all your images in the cloud, along with your catalogue. "Lightroom Classic" is the current version of the app that keeps your images and catalogue on a hard disk.

Which do you want to use? If you want to use Lightroom Classic, you'll need to install that one. Go to the Creative Cloud app and install Lightroom Classic and then run it against your catalogue.

You are probably a victim of Adobe's poor choice of names for things. "Lightroom" is the new app that keeps all your images in the cloud, along with your catalogue. "Lightroom Classic" is the current version of the app that keeps your images and catalogue on a hard disk.

Which do you want to use? If you want to use Lightroom Classic, you'll need to install that one. Go to the Creative Cloud app and install Lightroom Classic and then run it against your catalogue.
Hi -- I don't care what it's called or where the photos are stored, I just want a version that has all the tools it's supposed to have. The version I have has nothing. Barely any editing tools, all my presets are gone, can't use my watermark...it's just bare bones and the videos that say they are using the same version have a totally different interface than what I have. It just doesn't make any sense.

There are two current version of Lightroom The Cloud version is called Simply “Lightroom” . The successor to the older versions is now called “Lightroom Classic”.

When your bought your subscription, you either bought the Plan that has only “Lightroom” and 1 TB of cloud storage or you bought the “Photography Plan” which has Lightroom (cloud), Lightroom Classic and Photoshop but only 20 GB of cloud storage.

If you have the Photography plan then you can install Lightroom Classic. (V9.2.1) and uninstall Lightroom (v3.2.1)
If you only have a license fro Lightroom (v3.2.1) you need to contact Adobe and change licenses (both are ~$10/month).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back